A new update has just landed for popular sideways racer CarX Drift Racing Online. For now, it’s just for PC users via Steam, but if historical precedence is anything to go by, further changes to the Xbox One, PS4 and Switch versions will follow at a later date.
This update doesn’t add new venues or cars but follows a giant September update that did include Mondello Park and several new vehicles, so the 2.12.1 patch has been created with fixes in mind after several requests by the developers for player input.
Amongst the headline changes, the Panther M5 90-S, Panther M5, Pirate, Imperior, Syberia SWI and Piranha X cars will now have amended weights when in the Ultimate configuration. When cars are racing modified, they will now generate more downforce and following on from a recent announcement about online connectivity, South America is now a listed region.
There are several car-specific updates in terms of suspension and camera angles too.
The full changelog is below and we’ll update you with each subsequent patch for CarX Drift Racing Online. Are you playing the game? Let us know in the comments below.
CarX Drift Racing Online Update 2.12.1 Changelog
- Added a limit on the number of characters in one chat message Cars
- Improved saving of data about installed body kits
- Changed the logic of the bus width parameter
- Fixed weight in Ultimate modification on Panther M5 90-S, Panther M5, Pirate, Imperior, Syberia SWI and Piranha X cars
- Changes in Phoenix NX, Falcon FC 90-S, Falcon RZ and UDM 3 car models
- Increased downforce on Racing modification of new cars
- Lowered the suspension height on the Carrot II
- Tweaks to the dashboard lighting on the Sorrow car
- Corrections in colour saturation of vinyls
- Fixed default smoke color to white
- Fixed incorrect display of a ghost with a rigid suspension
- Changed the logic of buying a color. Now the color is offered to buy in case of a change in the value of the color code
- Fixed automatic steering wheel rotation when opening the menu
- Fixed incorrect display and saving of the result in Drift mode
- Fixed turning on day mode after starting a test run
- Minor fixes to disqualification in Twin Drift mode
- Edits in the installation of disks on different axes
- Changes to the default settings of the first person camera on the Spector RS car
- Fixed incorrect inclusion of the assistant when switching between controllers
- Minor fixes in the control of lists with the mouse wheel
- Edits to reset control parameters
- The area of clicking on the sliders in the “Layer Editing” window of the “Vinyl Editor” section has been increased
- Minor corrections in the indicator of the installed camera
- Improved list behavior
- Minor changes in hiding the interface
- Edits in the layout of the filter block in the list of multiplayer rooms
- Changes in accepting an invite after opening the Steam overlay
- Fixed display of labels of new / updated cars on low graphics
- Added new region “South America”
- Fixed incorrect display of players with rigid suspension
- Improved performance on tracks