Missing from launch day, 2023’s roster of Moto3 motorcycles and riders has now been added to MotoGP 23 in the game’s first significant update. It’s available to download now for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PC versions of the game.
Commonly arriving post-release, MotoGP 23’s support category refresh arrives alongside a couple of helpful new game interface items, including new curve indicators for all circuits and a handy low fuel indicator in the game’s HUD.
The low fuel indicator is especially important as we found it extremely easy to forget about fuel usage while in the thick of MotoGP 23’s frenetic, fast-paced action, so a warning about your tank running dry will prompt players to switch to a lower power mode via the D-pad.
Moto3 sits below MotoGP and Moto2 as the third tier of Grand Prix motorcycle racing and is seen as a stepping stone for young riders attempting to scale the lofty heights of the top classes.
Limited to 250cc engine capacity, Moto3 races can be pulsating affairs, with several riders in contention for victories right up until the final lap thanks to their propensity for pack racing.
Manufacturers competing for 2023 honours include Honda, KTM, CFMoto, Gas Gas and Husqvarna, with Red Bull KTM Tech3’s Daniel Holgado currently leading the standings after seven rounds and three wins.
Are you happy with MotoGP 23’s Moto3 update? Is there anything else you’d like to see added to the game? Let us know in the comments below.
MotoGP 23 changelog (PS4 v01.05, PS5 v1.005.000, Xbox (ONE/Series X|S) v22.214.171.124, PC STEAM)
- Riders & Bikes of the Moto3™ has been updated to the latest changes of the current season.
- Following your comments, we have worked a lot to improve game performances and reduce stuttering issues.
- We also have investigated disconnection issues on the LiveGP events to improve the overall experience.
- Online matches: It’s now possible to see how many warnings & penalties has each opponent.
- We’ve slightly changed the format of the events of the LiveGP. Now it’ll be possible to join events during all the planned time slot.
- The Manufacturer Leader now changes according to the riders’ final championship position.
- Added combined sessions screen during the P2 of Moto2™ & Moto3™.
- New curve indicators added on all circuits.
- New Low Fuel indicator in the HUD.