A small update dropped on Friday from Reiza Studios for Automobilista 2. Citing a job well done in the area of hunting bugs, V220.127.116.11 does just that, squashing some minor physics issues in some vehicles such as the GT3 cars, a handful of Mclarens as well as other vehicles that are in the sim.
The biggest takeaway from the latest changelog is the seasonal updates to the Silverstone Circuit. A little TLC went into the English circuit since the last version as well in both the visual and physics department, as the AI now have increased grip on the 2020 layout,
Overall, not too much besides some needed fixes in this update. It’s always good to see these companies continue to improve their product, so well done by Reiza Studios. This patch shouldn’t take too long either, it’s only listed at 862.65 MB.
I really need to set a calendar reminder though, because once again, another Friday comes with another AMS2 update. It’s like clockwork! Check out the full changelog below.
V18.104.22.168 -> V22.214.171.124 CHANGELOG
- Fixed an issue that could lead to CTD on loading screen when using French localization in some instances.
- Fixed an issue that could lead to CTD when selecting an existing championship save in some instances.
- Fixed real weather in championships sometimes loading from wrong location.
- Fixed incorrect track info when saving vehicle setups in championship mode.
- Added default compound assignments to various series that didn’t have one, fixing bug that could cause CTD during pit stops.
- Fixed inconsistencies in various similar material settings which could cause slick tires to become completely grip-less in certain surfaces when very wet.
UI & HUD
- Added “ENABLE ANALOGUE INPUTS IN MENU” option to ‘Controller > Configuration’ options screen to disable analogue inputs in menus. Defaults to disabled for wheels with presets available and can be set per input type.
- Added updated traction control scaling for cars that have the device (may still need some car-specific fine tuning).
- Fixed error in Caterham Supersport tire tread.
- Minor adjustments to GTE, GT3, Stock Car tire treads.
- Minor suspension geometry & wheel rate multiplier adjustments for cars in GTE, GT3, GT4, GT5, Ginetta G40, Stock Cars, Sprint Race, F3 classes.
- Adjusted front splitter height sensitivity for Ginetta G55, Camaro GT4R, BMW M4, Stock Car 2020/2021.
- Minor diffuser aero revisions & BoP pass to GT3 cars.
- Minor aero revisions for Ultima GTR Race.
- Fixed error in camber ranges of Metalmoro MRX, Montana.
- Various aero & default setup adjustments for Metalmoro MRX, Roco.
- Adjusted default power ramp angle in Mclaren GT4, GT3, C8.R, Sprint Race & Stock Cars.
- Mclaren 720S GT3: Revised diffuser, front brakes, ride height range & default settings.
- Mclaren 570S GT3: Adjusted rear ride height.
- Fixed corrected GTE fuel capacity from a previous build which had been reversed by accident.
- Enabled onboard adjustable roll bars for MCR2000.
- Re-enabled refueling in formula series that shouldn’t have them allowed (this will be added back as an option later).
- GTE, GT3 AI performance calibration pass.
- Adjusted speed AI can sustain while running off the ideal racing line.
- Increased 2020 AI Grip at Silverstone 2020.
- Adjusted AI for slightly lateral swerving in urgent reaction at max aggression / slightly higher concede drops, lower boosts during overtaking conditions.
- Added seasonal foliage to Silverstone (all versions).
- Long Beach: Fix tire wall adverts material issue; removed wandering fence poles from T8 runoff; Revised pit lane exit limits, Cheat block follows the yellow (was blue) pit exit line.
- Hockenheim Historics: Minor performance pass; Revised startlight glows.
- Slight zoom tweaks to Long Beach & updated FOV at Interlagos trackside cameras to minimize shimmering.
- Ginetta G58 P1: Added 6 new liveries.
- Added day running lights to Porsche Cup, Metalmoro AJR, Stock Cars.
- Porsche Cayman GT4: Add Pirelli tire branding to the sidewall.