Latest Forza Horizon 5 update adds online co-op for Horizon Stories
The Series 9 update for Forza Horizon 5 was unveiled on Tuesday (21st June 2022). The new download prepares players for the upcoming Series 9 festival and also introduces a number of updates, changes and fixes to the platform.
While the update is mainly getting things ready for the eventual Hot Wheels expansion coming in July, there are some notable items found in the release notes. One of the biggest additions to the title is the new online co-op play for the Horizon Stories, where up to six players can connect and play through the side stories to the main campaign.
You’ll find some of those new Hot Wheels cars and cosmetics through the new update, and for EV fans, the Monthly Rivals event will be Forza EV, which was added as well in the patch.
There will be a list of things fixed for the upcoming seasons, including some exploits being foiled, issues getting resolved, and things now working as it was intended. The graphic above highlights some of the major issues, but the release notes below will tell the whole story.
Are you excited for the upcoming ninth season of Forza Horizon 5, as well as the Hot Wheels expansion due out in July? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
FORZA HORIZON 5 SERIES 9 UPDATE – Version Numbers:
- Xbox One: 2.475.474.0
- Xbox Series: 3.475.474.0
- PC: 3.475.474.1
- Steam: 1.475.474.0
- Added new localization languages
- Added Subtitles for Danish, Greek, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish, European Portuguese
- Added Voice Over for European Spanish, Italian, Korean
- Added new Forza EV Rivals event
- Added Horizon Story Co-op
- Added TAA option when playing on PC
- Various stability and performance improvements
- Fixed issue where hood and bumper cam was too dark during dusk and night time of days
- In Series 9, the Accolade “It Just Works” now unlocks as intended once players have completed the Car Mastery skill tree on the 1963 Volkswagen Beetle. Players who already fulfilled this requirement prior to this update will need to select and drive the car to successfully unlock the Accolade.
- All players will now see their Creative Hub rank increase as intended.
- Fixed exploit when using Photo Mode
- Fixed exploit with gifted cars
- Fixed issue where players could lose Daily Challenge progress
- Fixed rare issue where players matchmaking for Co-op Seasonal Championship can result in a player entering the wrong event
- Fixed issue which could end up in wrong car class in an online race
- Fixed issue which could cause Horizon Arcade events to not spawn
- Fixed issue where players in a convoy could end up not seeing all other members of the convoy
- Added a duplicate car filter to Car Select screen filters
- Added Freeroam convertible functionality to Ferrari California T and McLaren 650 S Spider
- Updated Volvo’s logo
- Fixed idle RPM on the 93 Nissan 240SX SE
- Removed Forza Aero Splitter from the Maserati MC12
- Fixed 97 Lamborghini Diablo engine audio when at high RPM
- Fixed issue with Audi RS4 Avant and 2011 RS5 interior cockpit dash
- Fixed misaligned backfires on the Mercedes C63 AMG when using the Liberty Walk body kit
- Added Car Horns from Series 6 and 7 to EventLab
- Added Orbit Cam option
- Added stepped rotation
- Added new camera speed options
- Fixed an issue where players entering EventLab events with a full convoy could get disconnected
- Fixed an issue where the stadium floor wouldn’t load when starting an event nearby
- Fixed an issue where props could remain in Freeroam
- Fixed Rule Importing only showing events with Custom Routes
- Fixed an issue with one of the flood lights which would appear invisible when placed