The 2023 Tri-Nations Esports Cup has been launched for British, Kiwi and Australian iRacers, with Next Level Racing prizes up for grabs for regional and overall winners.
Run via a collaboration between the national motorsport governing bodies of the UK, New Zealand and Australia – Motorsport UK, Motorsport New Zealand and Motorsport Australia respectively – the main competition gets underway on the 6th of August from 08:00 am BST, featuring a live broadcast on the RACESTARSTV YouTube channel.
Interested drivers need to qualify via a 24-hour pre-event qualification time trial from 9 am on the 23rd of July using iRacing‘s Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo at Suzuka. Using a fixed set-up, the top 10 drivers representing the UK, New Zealand and Australia will go head-to-head in two 30-minute races at Mount Panorama and Silverstone.
British participants must be registered with Motorsport UK and hold a paid-for Motorsport UK Esports membership (costing £25 per year). Those who qualify are then eligible to win a selection of Next Level Racing prizes as detailed below:
- Each regional champion will win a Next Level Racing GT Track Simulator (frame only) worth £449
- The overall victor receives a Next Level Racing Elite Lite Wheel Plate Edition with a Next Level Racing ES1 Elite Seat worth £1,118.00
To register and find out more information on the Tri-Nations Esports Cup please visit the official Formula Race Group competition website.
Will you be attempting to qualify for the 2023 Tri-Nations Esports Cup? Let us know in the comments below.
2023 Tri-Nations Esports Cup schedule
- 09:00am 23rd July – 09:00am 24th July
- iRacing driving Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO – Fixed setup
- Circuit – Suzuka
- Fastest 10 drivers from each country will be invited to the main event
- No membership or entry fee required
- 6th August – Live from 08:00 am UK time
- iRacing – Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO
- Fixed Setups
- Country liveries issued
- x2 30-minute races
- Race 1 at Bathurst & Race 2 at Silverstone GP
- Qualifying prior to each race
- Points allocated for both races, highest overall points wins
- Combined country points after the two races wins the Cup
- Paid Motorsport UK Esports Membership required to compete – no entry fee
Images courtesy of Motorsport UK