The 23rd Festival Playlist for Forza Horizon 5 is set to launch this week, on 20th July (Thursday). This time around, Mexico is set for a Summer Party.
Six new cars are coming to the title, five of which can be unlocked through playing the festival playlist, the other of which is earned through an all-new Horizon Story titled “Icons of Speed”.
Here’s everything you need to know about what’s coming up in this new Summer Party.
Six new cars coming to Forza Horizon 5
While it’s not the 15 new cars that were found in the 22nd Festival “Upgrade Heroes” (the 13 announced plus the two extra Barbie cars), there are still six new cars to add to your collection this month. They are:
- 2018 DeBerti Ford Mustang GT (Earn 80 PTS in entire Summer Party Festival)
- 1973 Ford XB Falcon GT (Earn 20 PTS in Summer “Wet” Season)
- 1970 Hot Wheels Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Custom (Earn 20 PTS in Autumn “Storm” Season)
- 2022 Toyota GR86 (Earn 20 PTS in Winter “Dry” Season)
- 1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am SD-455 (Earn 20 PTS in Spring “Hot” Season)
- 2019 Hennessey Camaro Exorcist (Complete the “Icons of Speed” Horizon Story)
Forza Horizon 5, “Summer Party”, Series Rewards
A total of 292 PTS, 73 in each Week/Season, is up for grabs in the Summer Party Festival this go around.
As previously mentioned, by earning a total of 80 PTS, the ‘exclusive’ and ‘epic’ 2018 DeBerti Ford Mustang GT can be unlocked. Easiest way to think about it, is if you get the other four new cars in the festival, this one is a guarantee.
The other car to claim at 160 PTS is the Dodge Super Bee.
Forza Horizon 5, “Summer Party”, Summer rewards
At 20 PTS in the Summer “Wet” Season of the Summer Party, the ‘exclusive’ and ‘rare’ 1973 Ford XB Falcon GT is obtained. With double that, at 40 PTS, a ‘hard to find’ and ‘epic’ McLaren 765LT can be yours.
The #FORZATHON Weekly Challenge will include the use of a 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat.
While we know that The Trial will offer up a 2014 Volkswagen Golf R and the first EventLab will yield an ‘epic’ BMW M1, the other rewards for the Season Events are a mystery at this time due to the stream only showing what the car restrictions were.
As usual though, the PR Stunts will always yield some Super Wheelspins.
There will be a Treasure Hunt, “Sting Like a Beetle”, as well as a Photo Challenge dubbed #HOTSHOT.
Also, there’s a Horizon Open to jump into as well as all the other tasks for those with the Hot Wheels or Rally Adventure DLC.
Forza Horizon 5, “Summer Party”, Autumn rewards
In the Autumn “Storm” Season, the ‘exclusive’ and ‘legendary’ 1970 Hot Wheels Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Custom is unlocked at 20 PTS.
With 40 PTS, the ‘hard to find’ and ‘rare’ 2018 Audi RS 4 Avant is added to your library.
The #FORZATHON Weekly Challenge will require a 2013 Ford Shelby GT500.
The Trial in Autumn will reward a Jaguar E-Type. As for the EventLabs, one gives a Forza Link reward while the other a Super Wheelspin.
Three more Super Wheelspins are found in the three PR Stunts.
With the Seasonal Championships, there is a ‘common’ McLaren GT and two ‘rare’ finds, a 2020 Toyota Supra and a 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo to collect.
There will be a Photo Challenge, the #STONECOLDAUDI and a Collectibles challenge with Ice Cream cones, but no Treasure Hunt this week.
Forza Horizon 5, “Summer Party”, Winter rewards
For the Winter “Dry” Season, earning 20 PTS will unlock an ‘exclusive’ and ‘epic’ 2022 Toyota GR86. With 40 PTS, a ‘hard to find’ and ‘epic’ McLaren 650S Spider.
With this week’s #FORZATHON Weekly Challenge, you’ll need a 1987 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am GTA.
Hall of Famers can get a 1992 Ford Escort in The Trial. As it was in the Summer week, again we don’t know the rewards for this week due to the setting being swapped to car restrictions during the broadcast.
A Treasure Hunt is found in the Winter, this being titled Feline Light.
There’s also a #DATSUNISOUT Photo Challenge and a Horizon Open challenge that can unlock an ‘epic’ 2018 Mercedes-Benz GT4.
Forza Horizon 5, “Summer Party”, Spring rewards
The final week is the Spring “Hot” Season where that ‘exclusive’ yet ‘common’ 1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am SD-455 is obtained with earning 20 PTS.
At 40 PTS, a ‘hard to find’ and ‘legendary’ Ferrari SF90 Stradale is unlocked.
With the final #FORZATHON Weekly Challenge, a 2015 Lexus RC F is needed for completion.
An Opel Manta 400 is the reward in The Trial and an ‘epic’ Hoonigan Escort is the reward for the second EventLab. Four Super Wheelspins, from the first EventLab and the three PR Stunts, are also unlockable here.
We’ve got an ‘epic’ Jaguar MK II 3.8 and a ‘rare’ Corvette to unlock in the two Seasonal Championships as well.
The final week sees a final Treasure Hunt, “Rip and Tour”, as well as a #DECORATEDANDDELUXE Photo Challenge. Also, there’s a ‘legendary’ Jaguar C-X75 to get by completing a Battle Royale in The Eliminator.
New Horizon Story – Icons of Speed
Horizon Stories are all the rage lately, as yet another new one has been added in this 23rd Festival Playlist. There are a total of eight chapters in this story.
“Across 8 chapters, team up with Alejandra, the head mechanic at the Horizon Festival, and experience iconic cars across the history of racing as you inspire her spark once more,” reads the description on Forza’s website.
Here are the new Accolades that come with this new Story:
New Accolades for Icons of Speed
|Back to School||Complete the “Lessons from the Past” chapter of Icons of Speed||1500|
|No Parachute Required||Complete the “History 101” chapter of Icons of Speed||1500|
|The Golden Age||Complete the “Hot Rod Time Machine” chapter of Icons of Speed||1500|
|Time to Flex||Complete the “Come With Me If You Want To Race” chapter of Icons of Speed||1500|
|Breaking 200||Complete the “One Thing After Another” chapter of Icons of Speed||1500|
|Join The Club||Complete the “Past Midnight” chapter of Icons of Speed||1500|
|That Was Close||Complete the “Pressure and Time” chapter of Icons of Speed||1500|
|A New Era||Complete the “A Race for the Ages” chapter of Icons of Speed||1500||2019 Hennessey Camaro Exorcist|
|A True Icon||Earn 3 Stars on all chapters of Icons of Speed||1500|
|Summer Party Collector||Own the 2022 Toyota GR86, 1970 Hot Wheels Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Custom, 2018 DeBerti Ford Mustang GT, 1973 Ford XB Falcon GT and the 1973 Pontiac Trans Am SD-455||1000|
As always, a new series also brings new updates. Starting on the 20th on July, the following highlighted updates will be implemented along with some other fixes features.
- Sometimes Auction House thumbnails would not match the car paint.
- Horizon Test Track UI “Performance Class” filter displayed instead of Manufacturer.
- Fixed incorrect collisions and clipping issues on the 2003 Donut Media 350Z ‘Hi Car’ and 2021 Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series.
- Improvements for 2022 Pagani Huarya R – flaps now function as an air brake, paintable panels, fixed displacement stat displaying 0 when switching between stock and race engine block.
- Added missing anti-lag pop animation to 2019 BMW Z4, 2019 Subaru STI S209 and 1997 BMW E36 M3 when respective AC Schnitzer, Varis and Rocket Bunny bodykits are installed.
- 2021 Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series V12 engine swap price has been reduced to 75,000 CR.
- Removed invisible thumbnail for Alejandra’s Truck from appearing in Horizon Promo.
- Fixed the audible blimp sound on the highway despite it not being there.
- [PC] Graphics setting reset upon closing the game.
- [PC] Binding or unblinding Steer Left or Steer Right might also unbind the other.
- [PC] Combine Steering and Combine Acceleration/Brakes options are not saved after changing unless Steering and Gas/Brake are rebound.