This October 2023 Festival Playlist within Forza Horizon 5 is set to be themed around Día de Muertos, or Mexico’s ‘Day of the Dead’ celebration.
Once again there will be four sets of challenges, one group for each week. This time around, there will be three treasure hunts – only Autumn misses out.
As ever, there will be a weekly #FORZATHON challenge, #FORZATHON shop updates, photo challenges and events using the recently updated EventLab 2.0.
There will also be two new, free, cars to unlock with points earned by completing tasks.
The Nissan Tsuru ’10 is a humdrum economy saloon, known as a Sentra in some markets, that is, according to the Forza team “the most requested car” – there was even a petition for it to be included with 36,000 signatures.
The reason is simple: it’s incredibly popular in Mexico, where the game is set, in particular with taxi drivers.
The Forza Bronco Raptor is somewhat of a contrast. If the Nissan is humble, the Bronco Raptor is proud to guzzle fuel and rev at stop lights. The ‘regular’ Bronco is a cover start of the game, but now there’s the pumped-up performance edition to match.
The Tsuru can be unlocked in the first week, summer, and the Bronco in winter. Below is a list of all the unlockable cars.
Forza Horizon 5 Día de Muertos Festival Playlist cars
- Ferrari 250 GT, legendary, 80 points – series reward
- Ferrari F8 Tributo ’19, legendary, 160 points – series reward
- Nissan Tsuru ’10, legendary, 20 points – summer reward
- Nissan Z ’23, rare, 40 points – summer reward
- Meyers Manx 2.0, epic, 20 points – autumn reward
- Subaru WC ’15, common, 40 points – autumn reward
- Ford Bronco Raptor, epic, 20 points – winter reward
- Plymouth Fury, rare, 40 points – winter reward
- Porsche 356 SL, legendary, 20 points – spring reward
- Vauxhall (Lotus) Carlton, rare, 40 points – spring reward
Further achievements and chase drift camera
Alongside the new challenges through the Festival playlist, the option to switch to a ‘drift chase cam’ for more dramatic views will be added to the game, alongside 13 further achievements. The Gamerscore now totals 2,500.
November 2023’s update, American Auto, promises new routes and fresh muscle cars from the US.
Meanwhile, this latest update lands on 10th October 2023 for PC and Xbox. There will also be an option, paid-for, Super Speed Car Park with four new vehicles landing the same day.