The first significant update for open-world racing game Forza Horizon 5 is now available to download for PC, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S and addresses several key sticking points.
One factor for PC players has been consistent game crossing – resolved in our experience by installing different drivers or running the game as an administrator. However, this should not now be the case.
Another gripe has been some steering wheel peripherals misbehaving on PC, where a disconnect pop up notice would prevent the correct functionality. This has also been eradicated.
Online multiplayer stability has also been addressed, in particular during Horizon Arcade events. In no major surprise, with over six million accounts listed on the in-game leaderboards within the first two weeks, there have been some signs of connectivity issues.
The update also worked to resolve several smaller hitches, such as VIP entitlements, Forza Motorsport 5 rewards and car acquisition exploits.
In our review, we said: “This is the first Horizon game with engrossing progression and I think that makes it by far the best instalment yet.”
We have the full changelog for you below. For now, the updates seem to be focused on stability, logical at this stage, we’ll keep you updated when the next updates and paid DLC for Forza Horizon 5 are announced.
Let us know in the comments below if this patch is an improvement for you.
Forza Horizon 5 17th November 2021 update changelog
- Xbox One: 1.410.860.0
- Xbox Series: 3.410.860.0
- PC: 3.410.860.2
- Steam: 1.410.860.0
- Fixed several crashes
- Fixed a potential crash that could happen if an emote was earned whilst offline
- Fixed a potential crash that can happen when starting a Horizon Arcade
- Fixed a potential crash that occurred when spawning traffic cars
- Fixed a crash when loading EventLab events
- Fixed a crash when upgrading cars
- Improved stability of Horizon Life connections
- Improvements to online traffic
- Fixed issue where player’s car would get stopped when losing connection to Horizon Life
- Disabled Convoy voice chat to help track down the long load times in Online events
- Improvements to Horizon Arcade for other player visibility and joining and leaving Arcade events
- Fixed Eliminator Head to Heads not ending when players reached the finish point
- Fixed a disconnect pop up that was preventing Wheels from functioning correctly on PC
- Updated the Car Masteries for various cars to address an exploit
- Removed an exploit that could be achieved when creating Challenge Cards
- Removed an exploit when creating specific route configurations in EventLab
- Fixed an issue which allowed players to purchase cars from the Car Collection screen which weren’t available in the Autoshow
- Added checks to stop an exploit with driving assists
- Stopped players being able to download tunes before a race starts
- Fixed VIP Player House not being free for some VIPs
- Fixed VIP House not giving player correct Forzathon Point multiplier
- Fixed issue where some VIP players weren’t receiving Super Wheelspins
- Fixed players not receiving the loyalty reward for playing Forza Motorsport 5
- Fixed an issue with Car Collection where it was possible that a player could lose pending rewards if they quit the game
- Rebalanced UGC payouts
- Fixed Resolution Scaling causing GTAO depth issues on PC
- Fixed issue where distant terrain could appear as low res on PC Ultra settings
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for the player to fall out of world after completing the Trial
- Fixed an issue where input stops working on the Press Start screen
- Cross Country Event difficulty has been tuned slightly easier on Drivatar Difficulty levels below Unbeatable to smooth off some difficulty spikes
- Fixed EventLab notifications persisting in Freeroam
- Fixed some Accolades missing icons on Xbox One and Xbox One S
- Fixed profanity filter not applying correctly on Super7
Source: Forza Support