Frontier Developments continues its support of F1 Manager 2023 by releasing yet another post-release update.
Version 1.9 of the Formula 1 Team Principal sim fixes several bugs, improves AI behaviour and the addition of penalty investigations for racing incidents.
Just like real-world Formula 1 broadcasts, graphics appear in F1 Manager 2023 stating when on-track incidents are being investigated by race stewards. After this version 1.9 update, however, racing incidents where no driver is deemed to blame are now met with an ‘Investigation: No penalty given’ message.
The game’s AI has also received some attention, with adjustable difficulty sliders for both Race Sim AI and AI Car Development, allowing players to fine-tune Career mode difficulty – and perhaps rein in rivals’ performance from one season to the next without the aid of an FIA investigation…
F1 Manager 2023 also enjoys several community-requested bug fixes, with the Singapore Grand Prix’s lap count refactored down to 62 laps from 63, with garage night-lighting also adjusted for better clarity. A full list of the game’s bug fixes is written below.
How do you feel F1 Manager 2023 has progressed since its release? Let us know in the comments below.
F1 Manager 2023 v1.9 changelog
- Optimised memory usage during cinematics
- Intel GPUs without active driver development now default to DX11 for improved stability
- Added ‘Career Difficulty’ options for Race Sim AI and AI Car Development
- Added penalty investigations
- Added “Investigation: No penalty given” outcome for incidents not warranting a time penalty
- Enabled AI to fit new car parts between races, rather than only on race day; resulting in more informative car comparison data
- Updated recommended strategies for Jeddah
- Adjusted start times for P2 on Sprint weekends
- Fixed audio reactions to constructor title win not triggering when won during a Sprint
- Fixed audio reactions to dominant constructor title win referring to a “close” title win when won during a Sprint
- Updated Singapore GP lap total from 63 to 62 [NEW SAVES ONLY]
- Fixed Alonso Sprint win triggering Grand Prix win commentary lines
- Fixed grid lights staying on after race start
- Updated medium speed sections on Marina Bay circuit map
- Updated DRS zones on Hermanos Rodríguez, Red Bull Ring, and Suzuka circuit maps
- Updated circuit speed on Barcelona circuit map
- Fixed main driver name appearing in replays instead of reserve driver when used in Practice
- Fixed sponsor obligation targets not displaying when progressing to screen using R2 button
- Fixed Recent History screen in Board Profile showing current drivers for previous seasons
- Fixed Race Moment briefly, incorrectly displaying as “On Target” in data view
- Fixed “Go to…” link not working when multiple fanfares are triggered simultaneously
- Fixed Play/Stop Team Intro button not working when using a controller during new career setup
- Updated “Last Lap” notification to say “Final Lap”
- Fixed starting grid positions not displaying on Race Preparation screen
- Fixed “DRS Disabled” message appearing instead of “DRS Enabled” after loading a mid-session save
- Fixed rival team principal email stating signed driver is “with us for now” on Jan 1st, after driver is signed on Dec 31st
- Fixed rival team principal stating “It could be going better” in F1 Monthly update, when in first place
- Fixed repetition of “chassis” in email when rushed car part design project is delayed
- Stopped “Skip sponsorship obligation” email dilemma being sent after final race
- Improved lighting in garage scenes during night races
- Fixed mechanic clipping through chair in garage
- Adjusted cameras used for Bahrain intro cinematic
- Fixed bottle clipping and shaking in Monaco podium scenes
- Fixed camera view being obscured by set on post-race reaction cinematic