A new update has dropped for EA SPORTS F1 23, bringing with it all the teams and drivers of the 2023 Formula 2 season.
As well as the long-awaited addition of Formula 1’s main feeder category, EA and Codemasters have also updated the main event; with the F1 cars enjoying updated vehicle geometry and bodywork to reflect in-season changes.
As a result, each car on the grid has refreshed liveries, including additional sponsors and updated uniforms for team personnel.
The 2023 F2 roster allows players to jump into the driving seat of tomorrow’s F1 stars, with former champions Oscar Piastri, Charles Leclerc and George Russell all set to be challenging for wins for years to come.
The Sports Update also fixes several known bugs, with F1 Esports Series Pro drivers now added to the Icon driver pool in My Team mode. Track limits issues on the Las Vegas Strip Street Circuit have also been resolved, leading to the debutant track’s Time Trial leaderboards being reset.
The v.1.15 update for F1 23 is available to download now across PlayStation, Xbox and PC formats.
Are you a fan of the F2 cars in F1 23? Are you happy with the game’s Sports Update? Let us know in the comments below.
F1 23 v1.15 Sports Update changelog
- Addition of the F2™ 2023 season in-game
- Addition of ‘F1® Pro Series’ drivers to the Icon driver pool in My Team
- Sports Update for F1® 23, changes to vehicle geometry, bodywork, sponsors, colours, and team attire have all been made
- Fixed an issue where the Singapore Grand Prix was incorrectly 61 laps instead of 62
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to get ‘Speeding under the Safety Car’ penalties when entering the pits with a negative delta time
- Fixed an incorrect bump on the pitlane entry of Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, potentially unsettling the car
- Fixed an issue with corner cutting and track limits at the Las Vegas Strip Circuit. This necessitates TT leaderboards for Las Vegas to be reset in this patch
- Fixed an issue where the front suspension on the official cars was not attached to the wheel
- Fixed an issue where textures on top of the halo were not correct on the Ferrari SF-23
- General Stability Improvements
- Various Minor Fixes