League sim racer rejoice, a new patch for F1 23 is now live on PC, PlayStation and Xbox and it provides parity across all cars in terms of tyre wear.
For those out of the loop, it was discovered by esports competitors that with equal car performance switched on, the rate at which grip decreased throughout a race was different between teams. This should, clearly, not be the case, as performance was not levelled.
As a result, the third round of leading competition PSGL (PC Season 34) opted to run using the generic F1 World Car. Henceforth, however, drivers will now be able to use the real-world aping vehicles aligned to their teams without the concern of non-similar performance.
Elsewhere, those on Xbox with a Logitech steering wheel should now not experience a loss of force feedback. Also, auto-save issues when using such a combination should also no longer be present. Let us know in the comments below if this applies to you.
Meanwhile, for Driver Career and My Team, an error where contract negotiations and driver retirements kicked in before the end of the season has been zapped.
Online, frame rates should now be more stable if rivals leave mid-race, Gamertags should now be displayed correctly and, for PC, game crashes when returning to a windowed mode should be absent.
For those who don’t use the halo-mounted camera and go for the more immersive cockpit view, pitlane speed limits and distance warning messages should now be present all of the time.
There’s also a full list of small changes, listed below courtesy of the Electronic Arts website. Meanwhile, starting today, the Williams Racing limit-use 800 Gran Prix livery is available until 23rd July 2023.
F1 23 v1.07 changelog
- Fixed an issue where equal performance cars did not have equal tyre wear rates
- Fixed an issue in Career where contract negotiations and driver retirements occur before the last race of the season
- Fixed an issue where players experience loss of Force Feedback while playing with a Logitech wheel on Xbox
- Fixed an issue where players experience loss of auto save feature while playing with a Logitech wheel on Xbox
- Fixed an issue where Force Feedback can be lost after returning focus to the game on PC
- Fixed an issue where AI drivers could slow down and match player speed during Qualifying Inlaps
- Fixed an issue in the Community Grand Prix where participating in the event would lock assists for other game modes
- Fixed an issue in My Team Career where sponsor decals could not be removed only replaced
- Fixed an issue in Multiplayer where FPS could drop any time someone disconnects from a race mid-session
- Fixed an issue in F1 World where using a team member with the “lower cost to boost” perk can result in prices becoming much larger
- Fixed an issue where Sponsor boards would be black at Singapore
- Fixed an issue where in cockpit camera no pit limit speed or distance warning message would be present
- Fixed an issue in Time Trial where any change to the “F1 Dial’ OSD element would not be saved
- Fixed an issue where Gamertags were displayed incorrectly on screen
- Updated news article in Chapter 10 of Braking Point
- Fixed an issue where changing primary Engine Supplier at the start of a new My Team Career Season would cause a crash
- Fixed an issue where, for some players, audio would drop out during gameplay
- Fixed an issue where some EA app players were unable to purchase consumables
- Fixed an issue where game could crash when returning to a windowed game mode
- Fixed an issue where the Tyre Set information was not correct in the UDP telemetry data
- General Stability Improvements
- Various Minor Fixes