The PC version of Assetto Corsa Competizione has received plaudits for its depiction of the ultra-competitive world of GT3 racing. It was therefore a natural step to see Kunos Simulazioni’s game receive console ports.
However, the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One editions – ported by British developer d3t – launched with several issues, the worst of which was the glacially choppy frame rate at certain points.
Utilising the extra horsepower of the PlayStation 5 and Xbox X|S, next-gen porters Untold Games has been able to create a more stable Assetto Corsa Competizione (ACC)console experience, albeit with its fair share of issues, with multiplayer instability a problem cited by many players.
In our review of the PS5 version, we said that it was “the most realistic console driving experience”, which shows that at its peak, ACC on console can be a rewarding and engaging game.
ACC on console has received several bug fix patches since release, and yesterday (3rd March 2023), Untold released another comprehensive update for ACC on PS5 and Xbox X|S, adding a huge number of fixes.
Most are minor bugs, but the PS5 receives a fix for its game-breaking matchmaking crash issue, with the dysfunctional Career and Championship mid-session saves also apparently being resolved.
Players are reporting some early problems after the v220.127.116.11 release – including issues with PS5 private lobbies – but what’s your opinion of the next-gen version of ACC’s latest update? Let us know in the comments below.
Assetto Corsa Competizione console v18.104.22.168 changelog
• Camera – Using both the “look left” and “look right” inputs at the same time to look backwards leaves the camera in that position even after releasing the buttons.
• Championship/Career – Mid-Session saves cannot be resumed.
• Commands lock panel appearing when the race is over.
• Controls becomes unresponsive a few seconds after joining and then leaving a private lobby.
• Default steering wheel presets not showing up.
• Impossible to interact with popups in case they appear while looking at Replays/Highlight.
• Multiple debug strings are displayed in private lobbies.
• Multiple qualifying sessions are not applied in Private Lobbies.
• The user is disconnected via timeout after 2 minutes and 10 seconds of waiting to join a CP server session.
• Dynamic Weather and track status stays on “no” and “optimum” respectively even with other options selected.
• Navigation via left thumbstick still working when trying to change a key-bind.
• Exiting a replay or loading a save mid-session freezes the display for a few seconds.
• Setup Date and Time is always the same.
• Some assets are erroneously visible while in spectator mode on multiplayer servers.
• The Player’s engine sound clips out at low RPMs in the Single Player mode.
• User can join a CP session by selecting Please Refresh.
• On circuit Paul Ricard, the ideal line flashes too early telling the user to slow down at the wrong time.
• The rain VFX overlays the rear-view screen when the user uses an exterior camera-angle.
PS5 specific fixes
• Application crashes or becomes unresponsive when attempting to exit the matchmaking options in Multiplayer.
• Audio issues dropouts.
• Counting of Points in Career Mode messed up.
• In a private lobby, any custom cars selected by another user will be improperly displayed.
• Saving setups with a wheel connected.
• The car rear edges are being left behind.
• Unable to cycle through dashboards on cars.
• Yellow flag pitlane glitch.
Xbox specific fixes
• The title crashes in sessions following a resumption from Sleep/Suspended due to missing car setup data.
• Italian – Incorrect LOC text for ‘Light Indicators’ in HUD options.
• CP sessions at Imola are inaccessible despite 2020 GT DLC being installed.
• In Private Lobby setup, the Weather and Track Conditions menu displays as Single Player and the Starting Track Conditions submenu is missing.
• Occasional missing cursor focus on CONTINUE on results screens of Championship races.
• Title does not notify player of DLC dependency when having started a Championship with DLC content.
• Application does not accept input from the active controller when an additional user signs in.
• The user is required to terminate and re-launch the title in order to be able to use any DLC content.
• The title enters an indefinite partially unresponsive state after resuming from connected standby, Quick Resume, or a suspended state during a Private Multiplayer game session.
• The title provides access to the previous user’s Career save data following an Xbox profile change.
• Returning to the game while it was in a suspended state removes all FFB from the steering wheel.
• Adjust text for ‘Not Connected’ message when players try to join in progress sessions after Qualifying.