Fresh from the surprisingly timely release of the 2020 World Challenge Pack for Assetto Corsa Competizione console players, publisher 505 Games has posted to the ACC blog clarifying what’s happening next after users reported some errors.
Online multiplayer is the main issue at present, where sometimes wheels are not visible, cars look to be stationary when they are in fact moving and rolling starts never, well, start.
The post by Antonela Pounder, Director of Global Community at 505 Games, states:
“We want to apologise to all those who encountered issues after the launch of the 2020 GT World Challenge Pack DLC on console last week. The development team behind the console edition of Assetto Corsa Competizione are working flat out behind the scenes to resolve the major issues reported by our community. We’re committed to resolving these issues so you can head back out on track as soon as possible.”
At least the developer, KUNOS Simulazioni, is aware and is being open. The full list of items being worked on is below.
- Solve a bug where the rolling start never starts and the user is stuck with the controls locked during the race session
- Solving a bug where wheels not visible at distance during multiplayer
- Solving a bug where opponent cars during multiplayer are consistently displayed as stationary to other users
- Fixing a bug where the user falls out of the world when trying to collide with an object in a multiplayer session
- Making the Imola circuit accessible to multiplayer races
- Solve a bug where game crashes upon Completing 2nd Test Race in Career Mode
- Solve some sporadic random crashes when transitioning between main menu and sessions
- Solve a bug where title crashes after selecting the Ferrari Evo and changing game modes quickly after
- Solving a bug which makes no SFX audible when driving in the GT4 Mercedes
- Fixing a bug where Championship Custom race lengths are not applied in ICGT Custom championship races
- Activating some race settings which were missing in Custom Championship session
The 2020 World Challenge Pack was the most recent batch of DLC for the game, featuring the Imola circuit, a new tyre model and ‘EVO’ versions of the Mercedes-AMG and Ferrari GT3 cars.
In a glimmer of hope for ACC fans, the hotly anticipated British GT Pack is mentioned as part of this recent news: “Looking ahead, we are excited to be bringing the British GT Pack DLC to console at a later date. More on that soon!”
The Traxion team cannot wait to get out our hands on the British GT content, and as soon as we can, we’ll post our verdict. Stay tuned for more on Assetto Corsa Competizione, whether it is new additions or bug fixes.