Somewhat of a small patch dropped on Wednesday (10th May) from the team behind iRacing, and with it came some necessary updates for the security of the service in relation to the framework utilized to bring the interface to users.
Alongside the various application updates and fixes to the program currently known as the iRacing UI, there were a handful of cars that also received an update… but what that update entails remains a bit of a mystery.
While the iRacing Nürburgring 24h will only feature the BMW M4 GT3, Mercedes-AMG GT3 2020 and Porsche 911 GT3 R in the GT3 class, it is worth noting that all off the currently used GT3 models have gotten some sort of update, and for all cars in the class, the iRacing setups have been updated as well.
The BMW M Hybrid V8, the new GTP/LMDh on the service from the beginning of the year, also received an update, but with no mention of it in the patch notes.
Now, this update to the cars could affect nothing, or it could affect something. We’ve seen it where there have been wholesale changes before with other vehicles on the service. The brevity of these updates are always a good guessing game, so it’s really up to the users to see if there truly is a difference.
You can check out the patch notes courtesy of the iRacing forums below. If you’re planning on entering the iRacing Nürburgring 24h this weekend in the GT3 class, it’s recommended that you go make sure that there haven’t been any crucial changes that could affect your race.
2023 IRACING SEASON 2 PATCH 5 RELEASE NOTES
- iRacing has undergone changes to ensure that it continues to be compatible with upcoming releases of the Electron application framework.
- Button styles have been updated for improved contrast.
- Fixed an issue with inconsistent icons displaying in the “Race Now” and “Test Drive” buttons.
- Changes have been made to improve the security between iRacing and the Electron framework. We would like to thank Stephen Shkardoon (ss23) for the responsible disclosure of the reported issues.
- – – As a reminder, security issues can be reported at [email protected].
- A new column for Track Name has been added to the Sessions list for Official Series.
- Fixed an issue where clicking the Back button in Go Racing > Series Results > Results was not taking you back to the Series Results tab.
- Fixed an issue with the Event Start countdown and the Register button on the Series List for events that launched more than 30 minutes ago without the customer refreshing the page.
- Fixed an issue where all cars available for joining an AI Event appeared to show an “Add to Cart” button, including cars you already owned.
- Fixed an issue with the weather background images for Sunrise and Sunset.
- A “NEW!” prefix label has been added to the names of all content which was released less than 90 days ago. This content is also automatically floated to the top of the Store pages lists and grids, regardless of the selected sorting method.
- – – Filters hide/display the “NEW!” items if applicable.
- If the Friends List is open when a modal window appears, it will now disappear until the modal window is closed.
- Fixed an issue where the mouse-over tooltip for the WAIT button was hidden behind other interface elements. It now appears correctly below the button and informs the user why they are waiting for the DRIVE button to appear.
<Car Class> GT3 Cars
- iRacing setups have been updated.