Following on from its first DLC pack, Classic Car-Nage, and a bounce back into the sales charts, GRID Legends has received a free quality of life update in the form of a much-requested photo mode.
The game has a varied car list that can be paired with several different tracks, weather conditions and even multi-class racing to deliver some of the most unique virtual driving experiences around.
It was a shame then, that apart from publisher Electronic Art’s own snazzy media images, there was no easy way of taking a pretty in-game shot to show off its more rambunctious side.
That has now thankfully changed due to today’s, 7th July, update.
When viewing a replay in any game mode, there is now a photo option. This is ‘Y’ on an Xbox controller and Triangle on a PlayStation.
This will then open an extensive photo mode menu where you can move around the camera and tweak settings such as exposure, depth of field, shutter speed, zoom and apply visual filters. The options available seem nigh-on identical to those in the F1 2021 and F1 22 games, which is no bad thing.
Every image in this article was taken in-game using the new photo mode. Players can also enter a competition that runs between 8th July and 7th August, with the winning images potentially being added to the game. Those who played Codemasters’ DIRT 5 game will remember that community images were added to the loading screens via a post-release update.
The Version 3.2 update also added some summer-themed liveries, enables the option of flashback useage for Weekly and Monthly Challenges and several Achievements and Career events now unlock correctly. The full changelog is below.
GRID Legends v3.2 update changelog
- Added photo mode
- Some additional ‘Summer’ livery patterns have been added
- Various situations that would cause the game to crash have been resolved
- Several instances of flickering vehicles or textures have been fixed
- Several issues relating to player logos have been fixed
- Several other minor bug fixes have been made
- ‘Whipping Along,’ ‘Demolished,’ and ‘Transformed,’ Achievements now longer unlock incorrectly
- Disabling AI will no longer instantly end a Classic Car-Nage event when set to ‘Offline’
- Flashbacks are now enabled in Weekly and Monthly Challenges
- The Fordzilla event no longer appears multiple times on the home screen
- Spectating Classic Car-Nage events now shows when others are wrecked
- Switching logos will now update the logo colours on Weekly and Monthly leaderboards
- Players no longer spawn with yellow health bars in Classic Car-Nage events
- Cross-play users can now be reinvited to a lobby they may have previously left
- Spectating an eliminated driver in Elimination events no longer causes camera issues
Driven to Glory & Career
- The ‘Fully Upgraded – Renault R26’ event now unlocks correctly
- Event objective “Semi-Pro Touring Cars – Fully Upgraded – Classic Touring Car” now unlocks correctly
- Completing the “Fully Upgraded – Amateur Track Day” objective now passes correctly
- Completing any Semi-Pro Career Events no longer locks Gauntlet events
- Issues with registering damage at different speeds have been resolved
- Getting disqualified during ‘Catch my Drift?’ no longer passes the objective
- Completed Career events now add to the progress bar correctly
- Trophy icons no longer overlap on Driven to Glory results screens
- Screen no longer becomes blurred when colliding with barriers and using Flashback
- The ‘Motion Blur’ setting now functions correctly
- Multiple adjustments to AI behaviours have been made
Art and Visual Effects/UI
- Fireworks no longer stop working after the first Driven to Glory event on PS5
- Classic Car-Nage vehicle headlights are now more visible during all times of day
- Damaged body panels no longer appear intact from inside the Jupiter Freighter
- Headlights from other cars can no longer be seen through tyre walls/roads in the wet
- Yellow ‘!’ notification no longer appears in the Logo Editor incorrectly
- Adjustments to certain settings in the Race Creator are no longer extremely sensitive
- Vehicle thumbnails are no longer missing in the Race Creator
- Debug text no longer displays in certain instances
- Several translation and wording tweaks have been made
- Instances of radio calls being repeated by Yume have been resolved
Source: GRID Legends