After pulsating races at Bahrain and Monza, the Le Mans Virtual Series juggernaut continues this weekend with Round 3 of the 2022-23 Le Mans Virtual Series – the 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps.
The 40-car grid is split into LMP2 and GTE classes, with teams competing for a prize pool of $250,000 using Studio 397’s rFactor 2 platform and an officially licensed version of Spa.
And as a special treat for fans and competitors alike, 2021 and 2022 Formula 1 World Champion Max Verstappen will be joining the field, driving the #1 Team Redline LMP car alongside teammates Jeffrey Rietveld and Maximilian Benecke.
As well as Verstappen, former F1 and current IndyCar driver Romain Grosjean will also be on the grid, sharing his #18 R8G Esports LMP car with Martin Hemmingsen and Ulas Ozyildirim.
The LMVS grid is set to be stacked with world-class motorsport and esport talent, with the likes of Kevin Siggy, Jernej Simončič, James Baldwin and Alex Buncombe all slated to take part.
In LMP qualifying, the #23 Porsche Coanda car took pole position, Joshua Rogers finishing just one-hundredth of a second ahead of Team Redline’s Michal Smidl. As for our F1 alumni, Verstappen’s car will line up in fifth position and Grosjean’s car starts from fifteenth.
In GTE, Siggy snatched pole position ahead of BS+COMPETITION’s Ibraheem Khan in a BMW one-two.
To catch all the action, tune into Traxion.GG’s YouTube, Facebook and Twitch channels. Alternatively, visit the 24 Heuers du Mans, FIA WEC or European Le Mans Series YouTube channels, with FIA WEC and the and Le Mans Virtual Facebook pages also showing the live feed.
Watch the 6 Hours of Spa, Live
Le Mans Virtual Series 6 Hours of Spa – Saturday 5th November 13:00 GMT / 14:00 CET / 06:00 PT / 09:00 ET – Free and live on the Traxion.GG YouTube Channel.
6 HOURS OF SPA, LE MANS VIRTUAL SERIES, LMP QUALIFYING RESULTS
- #23 J. Rogers / M. Bakkum / M. Krönke – Porsche Coanda Oreca 2:11.060
- #2 L. Bennett / M. Smidl / D. Pinto – Team Redline +0.011
- #4 B. Viscaal / J. Simoncic / J. N. Pedersen – Floyd Vanwall-Burst +0.149
- #36 C. Spork / R. MacDuff / T. Lartilleux – Alpine Esports Oreca +0.215
- #1 M. Verstappen / J. Rietveld / M. Benecke – Team Redline +0.291
- #63 J. Baldwin / B. Huis / G. Carroll – AMG Team Petronas Esports +0.312
- #20 Z. Campbell / T. Østgaard / M. deJong – Porsche Coanda Oreca +0.360
- #53 M. Romanidis / N. Wisniewski / J. Brzezinski – AMG Team Williams Esports +0.382
- #8 J. Toman (G) / E. Jajovski (G) / M. Csincsik R8G ESPORTS +0.448
- #5 M. Stefanko / J. Keithley / P. Brljak – Williams Esports +0.480
6 HOURS OF SPA, LE MANS VIRTUAL SERIES, GTE QUALIFYING RESULTS
- #71 C. Lulham / K. Siggy / E. Bonito – BMW Team Redline – BMW M8 GTE GTE 2:23.346
- #89 A. Terzic / I. Khan / F. Stanley – BMW Team BS+COMPETITION – BMW M8 GTE +0.235
- #11 M. Gassner / M. Löhner / F. Hasse – Project 1 by Dörr Esports – Porsche 911 RSR GTE +0.730
- #99 Y. Kasdorp / A. Siebel / D. Jordan – Oracle Red Bull Racing – Porsche 911 RSR GTE GTE +0.742
- #10 M. D’Alessandro / M. Patel / E. Masciulli – MAHLE Racing Team – BMW M8 GTE GTE +0.798
- #26 K. Galbiati / C. Malghera / A. Terzi – SIM Maranello – Ferrari 488 GTE +0.841
- #777 R. Delorme / M. Veit / T. Nojima – D’station Racing – Aston Martin Vantage +0.978
- #51 N. Nielsen / K. Stoltze / C. Michel – SF Velas Esports Team – Ferrari 488 GTE +0.990
- #95 L. Sørensen / L. Bak / M. Gade- Prodrive FYRA Esport – Aston Martin Vantage GTE +0.995
- #66 G. Grinbergas / S. Wunsch / P. Schindler – SIMMSA Esports – Ferrari 488 GTE GTE +1.022
LE MANS VIRTUAL SERIES 2022-23 CALENDAR
Round 1 – 8 Hours of Bahrain, Bahrain – 17th September 2022 Round 2 – 4 Hours of Monza, Italy – 8th October 2022
- Round 3 – 6 Hours of Spa, Belgium – 5th November 5 2022
- Round 4 – 500 Miles of Sebring, USA – 3rd December 2022
- Round 5 – 24 Hours of Le Mans Virtual – 14th-15th January 2023
Traxion.GG is on of the official Le Mans Virtual Series media partners.
Full disclosure – Traxion.GG is part of Motorsport Games and the Motorsport Games family of brands. All Traxion.GG content is editorially removed from Motorsport Games video game development and created by a dedicated team. Traxion.GG is one of the official media partners of the Le Mans Virtual Series.