Watch as we test the Vanwall Vandervell Le Mans Hypercar on the new Thruxton track, both of which will be available for the rFactor simulation platform this month. Then, we try the BMW 330I BTCC car and North Yorkshire’s Croft Circuit.
The car uses a bespoke chassis in combination with a non-hybrid 4.5-litre Gibson V8. The LMH machine has been designed to confirm with the Hypercar rules implemented by the Automobile Club de l’Ouest (ACO) and the Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA). The ByKolles Racing team aims to compete in the 2023 FIA World Endurance Championship.
Thruxton, meanwhile, is the fastest racing circuit in the United Kingdom, and this is the very first time it has been laser scanned for official simulation use. The same applies to Croft Circuit, the mix of the high-speed Jim Clark Esses and the exceedingly tight hairpin combining for a real set-up challenge.
As part of the latest offerings developed by Studio 397, the Vanwall and Thruxton will also be available alongside the BMW 330i BTCC car, Croft Circuit and the ExCeL London Formula E circuit.
- Includes BMW 330i M Sport BTCC, Vanwall Vandervell LMH, Bahrain International Circuit, Croft Circuit, Thruxton Circuit, ExCeL London Circuit
- Approximate price – €27.99
British Track Pack
- Includes Croft Circuit, Brands Hatch, Donington Park, Thruxton Circuit
- Approximate price – €19.99
- Vanwall Vandervell LMH – €4.99
- BMW 330i M Sport BTCC – €4.99
- Croft Circuit – €6.99
- Thruxton Circuit – €6.99
- ExCeL London Circuit – €7.99
- Bahrain International Circuit – €8.99
Which car and track combination are you most excited to try out? Let us know in the comments below!
PC specifications used in the making of this video: Intel I9 10900X, RTX 3090, 128GB Ram, 2TB Nvme SSD.
Full disclosure – Traxion.GG is part of Motorsport Games and the Motorsport Games family of brands. All Traxion.GG content is editorially removed from Motorsport Games video game development and created by a dedicated team.