Two rounds into the inaugural Formula Pro Series within rFactor 2, and you’d be forgiven for thinking that the Mercedes-AMG Petronas Esports Team and star-driver Bono Huis have had it all their own way.
After all, the results show two dominant victories. But, those results weren’t without a fight, and in particular last time out at Silverstone, Team Redline were in victory contention. The battle for supremacy is well and truly on.
The esports championship moves to the Nürburgring Grand Prix venue, and everyone on the 26-car grid will be hungry for a victory.
The broadcast will start with a qualifying session, followed by a 60-minute race that features a mandatory in-race tyre change. If the incredible V10-powered single-seaters weren’t enough of a spectacle, keep your eyes on the strategy plays too.
2021 Formula Pro Series championship standings after Round 2
- Mercedes-AMG Petronas Esports Team – 704 pts
- Team Redline – 700 pts
- Varga Sim Racing – 696 pts
- Bono Huis – 370 pts
- Kevin Siggy – 356 pts
- Erhan Jajovski – 355 pts
2021 Formula Pro Series, Season 1, Calendar
19th July 2021: Circuit Spa-Francorchamps 2nd August 2021: Silverstone
- 16th August 2021: Nürburgring Grand Prix
- 30th August 2021: Indianapolis Road Course
- 13th September 2021: Zandvoort
- 27th September 2021: Monza
2021 Formula Pro Series, Season 1, Race Format
- 18:30 BST / 19:30 CEST / 13.30 ET / 10.30 PT – Live broadcast starts
- 19:10 BST / 20:10 CEST – Qualifying (Max 6 laps including in and out laps, parc ferme rules)
- 19:35 BST / 20:35 CEST – Race (60-minute race, formation lap, standing start, mandatory in-race tyre change)
Here’s a car and track guide by R8G eSports Sim Racing Team’s Risto Kappet.