The hottest fantasy single-seater esports championship is now back in action, with the second-ever round of the Formula Pro Series taking place this evening from a virtual Silverstone.
During the first race, five-time Formula SimRacing World Champion Bono Huis took his V10-powered Formula Pro to victory for Mercedes-AMG Petronas Esports after a commanding display.
But it was Team Redline that came away from the Ardennes with the lead of the Teams’ standings thanks to second for Jeffrey Rietveld and third for Kevin Siggy, followed by a strong performance by Wolves GR Esports’ Liam de Waal.
Much like Spa, Silverstone is a fast circuit that rewards a committed drive – with the form book yet to be truly set, Round 2 will give us a better idea as to who the championship contenders may be.
Once again, qualifying is a relatively quick affair with a maximum of six flying laps for each driver, followed by a 60-minute race that features a mandatory in-race tyre change. Keep your eyes peeled for yet more strategy experiments, especially from those in the midfield.
2021 Formula Pro Series championship standings after Round 1
- Team Redline – 358 pts
- Varga Sim Racing – 345 pts
- Mercedes-AMG Petronas Esports Team – 343 pts
- Bono Huis – 185 pts
- Jeffrey Rietveld – 180 pts
- Kevin Siggy – 178 pts
2021 Formula Pro Series, Season 1, Calendar
19th July 2021: Circuit Spa-Francorchamps
- 2nd August 2021: Silverstone
- 16th August 2021: Nürburgring Grand Prix
- 30th August 2021: Indianapolis Road Course
- 13th September 2021: Zandvoort
- 27th September 2021: Monza
2021 Formula Pro Series, Season 1, Race Format
- 18:30 BST / 19:30 CEST / 13.30 ET / 10.30 PT – Live broadcast starts
- 19:10 BST / 20:10 CEST – Qualifying (Max 6 laps including in and out laps, parc ferme rules)
- 19:35 BST / 20:35 CEST – Race (60-minute race, formation lap, standing start, mandatory in-race tyre change)