What’s up, SnowRunners? It’s been a bit since our last article pertaining to the popular terrain simulator known as SnowRunner, but today we have some news directly from the Focus Home Interactive forum. As of Monday (28th February 2022), the latest version of SnowRunner has been released (Version 16.1), and there’s new standalone DLC available as well.
The new DLC includes the Step 33-64 “Crocodile” truck, hence the name of the DLC Pack. This truck comes with three uniquely styled add-ons and is able to “switch between tasks and terrains without a hitch,” according to the release. Those three visually unique add-ons “complete the vintage look,” and can be added or removed as desired.
On top of the new content, there are some important details hidden in the patch notes below. One of the biggest ones to me is the ability for Xbox players to join in on the cross-play capabilities that PC and PlayStation players have had since December. Also in the forum post was a note for modding capabilities coming to the Nintendo Switch when Season 7 drops.
Season 7 itself shouldn’t be too far around the corner, per the roadmap we learned of back in July last year. The Crocodile Pack is available now for purchase as a standalone DLC for $3.99 / £3.29. Year 1 and Year 2 Passes are also available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC via Steam. Check out the full patch notes below.
SNOWRUNNER 16.1 Patch notes
- Crocodile Pack is now available for purchase on every platform.
- Improved logic for compatible add-ons pop up in the garage
- Fixed a bug where the Left Stick Press (Hold) UI button prompt was misplaced in the Control Scheme B settings screen
- Fixed a bug where the button “Move to Garage” was missing from the global map if the player was on this map
- Fixed a bug where it was impossible to take a photo in photo mode on the windows store version of the game
- Fixed a bug where a button to open photo mode was missing while the tutorial hints were shown
- Fixed photo mode on Switch in coop
- Fixed a bug where frame rates dropped on console when a player change brightness settings
- Fixed a bug where the colors of the created screenshot taken in the Steam version of the game were inverted
- Fixed a bug where players were unable to navigate in the photo mode menu with a controller once they used mouse & keyboard
- Fixed a bug where guests were unable to replenish supplies in the service trailer in a co-op in hard mode
- Fixed a bug where stickers of the ‘Slot 3’ were clipping into the interior textures of the ‘Tayga 6455B’
- Enabled crossplay with Xbox platform
- Fixed a bug where the ‘Paste’ button was displayed as the ‘Ins’ keyboard button in the ”connect to crossplay session by code” window when a player used a gamepad
- Fixed a bug where the mods list that the player needs to download before entering a game was incomplete
- Updated game editor packing system, it will now compile separate zip files for each platform
- Fixed watchtowers display on a map for mod maps
- Fixed a bug where rails did not spawn in the Guardian of the Grove contract in the Don region
- Fixed a bug where it was possible to duplicate cargo on objective restart in co-op
- Fixed a bug where ‘Offroad Scout Trailer’ did not disappear after completing the ‘Trailer with New Equipment’ contract in the coop session
- Fixed a bug where the ‘Workhorse’ task was not completed if the ‘Chevrolet CK1500’ truck was repaired and refueled before completion of the first stage of the task
Images thanks to Focus Home Interactive