The next challenge that iRacers will face on the 2023 iRacing Special Event calendar takes place this weekend at Watkins Glen International. The third leg of the 2023 VCO Grand Slam is the Watkins Glen 6 Hour endurance event, and it will once again feature the cars in the IMSA WeatherTech Championship.
This is the ninth official Special Event on iRacing’s calendar for 2023. It’s also the first Special Event that will have nine different vehicle choices. Eight of them are the usual suspects, but the ninth is the new Cadillac GTP, and that will give the BMW M Hybrid a competitor in the new GTP multi class ranks.
This event will also feature the new Porsche 911 GT3 R (992) which will go against five other GTD specific cars. A middle class, the LMP2 in the Dallara P217, will also be there. Sorry dentists, no LMP3 class here.
There are once again four timeslots to partake in starting on 16th June. The first one up is on Friday evening and the last one starts up on Saturday afternoon. VCO will start broadcasting at 12:30 pm GMT on Saturday, likely for the top split of the third timeslot.
These are also team races, so anywhere from two to 16 drivers can hop into a single car and compete with the fair share rules in play. Of course, anyone can drive the race solo as well, but they won’t be able to be classified and it will ultimately affect iRatings and such.
Check out the timeslots, BoP and the rest of the details below, courtesy of the iRacing forums. Will you be participating in this event? Let us know in the comments below!
iRacing Watkins Glen 6 Hour presented by VCO Information (Source: iRacing)
- Date: 16-18 June (Registration opens 1 hour prior to the event)
- Timeslot #1 – Friday 22:00 GMT / 18:00 ET
- Timeslot #2 – Saturday 7:00 GMT / 03:00 ET
- Timeslot #3 – Saturday 12:00 GMT / 08:00 ET
- Timeslot #4 – Saturday 16:00 GMT / 12:00 ET
- Track: Watkins Glen International – Boot
- License – D 4.0 Road
- Session Start Time (Time of Day Setting): June 25, 2023
- Sim Start Time (Time of Day Setting): 10:00 AM
- Warmup: 30 Minutes
- Qualifying: Attached & Solo – 8 Minutes for 2 Laps
- Race: 6 Hours
- Weather: Dynamic
- Splits By: iRating
- Team Event: Yes. Declare drivers and fair share rules apply. (min 2 drivers and max 16)
- Drive through penalty limit: 35 incs and every 20 thereafter
- NO DQ Limit
- Field Size : 50
- Cars, Class, and BOP:
- BMW M Hybrid V8
- Cadillac V-Series.R GTP
- Dallara P217
- GT3 Cars
- Audi R8 LMS GT3
- BMW M4 GT3: -1% fuel capacity
- Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020: -1% fuel capacity
- Lamborghini Huracán GT3 EVO
- Mercedes-AMG GT3 2020
- Porsche 911 GT3 R (992): -1% Power, +10kg