iRacing‘s final 24 hour endurance race on their Special Event calendar for 2023 takes place this weekend. The Falken Tyre Spa 24 HR is the 10th event of the year and will take eight different cars in the GT3 class to virtual Belgium for 24 hours of endurance team racing at Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.
While this race won’t include multi-class racing, it will feature the entirety of iRacing’s GT3 contingent racing on the same track for the same win. The racing will be closer and more uniform, and the participants will be expected to keep that up for a full 24 hours around the tricky venue.
As it’s been for the last set of iRacing Special Events, this weekend, all registration for any iRacing event, whether it’s the Spa 24, Carb Cup or a league race, needs to be done through the iRacing UI.
There are once again four timeslots to partake in starting on 21st July. The first one up is on Friday evening and the last one starts up on Saturday afternoon.
These are also team races, so anywhere from two to 16 drivers can hop into a single car and compete with the fair share rules in play. Of course, anyone can drive the race solo as well, but they won’t be able to be classified and it will ultimately affect iRatings and such.
Check out the timeslots, BoP and the rest of the details below, courtesy of the iRacing forums. Will you be participating in this event? Let us know in the comments below!
iRacing Presents The Falken Tyre 24 Hours of Spa Information (Source: iRacing)
- Date: 21-23 July (Registration opens 1 hour prior to the event)
- Timeslot #1 – Friday 22:00 GMT / 18:00 ET
- Timeslot #2 – Saturday 7:00 GMT / 03:00 ET
- Timeslot #3 – Saturday 12:00 GMT / 08:00 ET
- Timeslot #4 – Saturday 16:00 GMT / 12:00 ET
- Track: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps – Endurance
- License – D 4.0 Road
- Session Start Time (Time of Day Setting): July 1, 2023
- Sim Start Time (Time of Day Setting): 4:00 PM
Please Note: The race starting green flag will not happen at the start finish line. It will happen at the gantry on the run down to Eau Rouge. Please be mindful and careful at the start.
- Warmup: 30 Minutes
- Qualifying: Attached – 15 Minutes for 4 Laps
- Race: 24 Hours
- Weather: Dynamic
- Splits By: iRating
- Team Event: Yes. Declare drivers and fair share rules apply. (min 2 drivers and max 16)
- Drive through penalty limit: 100 incs and every 20 after
- NO DQ Limit
- Field Size : 50
- GT3 Cars and BOP
- Audi R8 LMS GT3: No Additional BoP
- BMW M4 GT3: -1.5% Power, -2% Fuel Capacity
- Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020: -1.5% Power, -3% Fuel Capacity
- Ford GT GT3: No Additional BoP
- Lamborghini Huracán GT3 EVO: No Additional BoP
- McLaren MP4-12C GT3: No Additional BoP
- Mercedes-AMG GT3 2020: -1.5% Power, -3% Fuel Capacity
- Porsche 911 GT3 R (992): No Additional BoP