Up next on the 2023 iRacing Special Event calendar is yet another sportscar event related to the 2023 IMSA racing calendar. The Sebring 12 Hour event is that event and just like the name says, it’s a 12 hour race around Sebring International Raceway.
The real-world event, the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring, just took place over the weekend. It was the #31 Action Express Cadillac GTP winning overall with Pipo Derani, Jack Aitken and Alexander Sims sharing the seat through the wild event.
This is the fifth official Special Event on iRacing’s calendar for 2023. It is also the second leg of the four races included in the 2023 VCO Grand Slam.
There are once again four timeslots to partake in starting on 24th March. The first one up is on Friday evening and the last one starts up on Saturday afternoon.
These are also team races, so anywhere from two to 16 drivers can hop into a single car and compete with the fair share rules in play. Of course, anyone can drive the race solo as well, but they won’t be able to be classified and it will ultimately affect iRatings and such.
Check out the timeslots, BoP and the rest of the details below, courtesy of the iRacing forums. Will you be participating in this event? Let us know in the comments below!
iRacing Sebring 12 Hour INFO (Source: iRacing)
- Date: 24-26 March (Registration opens 1 hour prior to the event)
- Timeslot #1 – Friday 22:00 GMT / 18:00 ET
- Timeslot #2 – Saturday 7:00 GMT / 03:00 ET
- Timeslot #3 – Saturday 12:00 GMT / 08:00 ET
- Timeslot #4 – Saturday 16:00 GMT / 12:00 ET
- Track: Sebring International Raceway | International Configuration
- License – D 4.0 Road
- Sim Date (Time of Day Setting): March 18, 2023
- Sim Start Time (Time of Day Setting): 9:30 AM
- Warmup: 30 Minutes
- Qualifying: Attached & Solo – 8 Minutes for 2 Laps
- Race: 12 Hours
- Weather: Dynamic
- Splits By: iRating
- Team Event: Yes. Declare drivers and fair share rules apply. (min 2 drivers and max 16)
- Drive through penalty limit: 50 incs and every 20 thereafter
- Field Size : 50
- IMSA paint tag: ON
- Cars, Class, and BOP:
- GTP – BMW M Hybrid V8
- LMP2 – Dallara P217
- GT3 Cars
- Audi R8 LMS GT3: +10kg, -0.25% power
- BMW M4 GT3: -0.5% power
- Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020: -1% fuel capacity
- Lamborghini Huracán GT3 EVO: +10kg, -0.25% power
- Mercedes-AMG GT3 2020: -1% power, -2% fuel capacity
- Porsche 911 GT3 R: +15kg, -1% fuel capacity