The updates for RiMS Racing – the motorcycle simulator – keep rolling in after its initial launch two months ago.
This latest patch is available now for PC, Xbox, PlayStation and Switch and features many quality-of-life improvements that many fans have been requesting.
There are several changes for the online gameplay, including PC crossplay, changes to the online leaderboard ranking system plus the Motorbike Status Check (MSC) and Map are now viewable when spectating an online race.
One of our main bugbears has been the performance of rival riders, but this updated with this latest patch. The AI is said to have greater awareness when it comes to avoiding obstacles and throughout the career, your opponents will now provide a sterner challenge. The issue for Xbox players when using customised controls has now been rectified.
With customisation being the centre point for the sim, you can now try out your modified bikes in the single-player modes outside of the career, too.
The full changelog is below and let us know in the comments if you’ve been playing through RiMS Racing.
RiMS Racing October 2021 update changelog
- Motorbikes career customization now available in Single Race, Online Custom Events, Private Testing and Offline Duel (only Player1).
- Multiplayer spectator mode update: now featuring new pages with MSC and a Map to follow Riders.
- Added a test mode in career to try new mounted components.
- Night mode for all road tracks now available.
- Online Leaderboards in Private Testing now based on: Track, Asphalt Condition (Dry/Wet) and Physics Simulation Level (Beginner, Intermediate, Realistic)
- PC Crossplay has been enabled
- AI behaviours, including obstacle avoidance, improved. AI perfomance in Career improved, now more challenging and engaging.
- Audio for custom exhausts has been enhanced, several new UI audio effects added, bugfixes and mix improvements.
- It is now possible to Restart a Calendar Event on any Difficulty Level.