Up next on the 2023 iRacing Special Event calendar is another well known event in the real-world. Based on the LIQUI MOLY Bathurst 12 Hour that took place in Bathurst, New South Wales, Australia last weekend in the real-world, iRacing presents the iRacing Bathurst 12 which starts 10th February.
The venue is one Mount Panorama Circuit, a 6.213-kilometer (3.861-miles) course in Australia that features incredible elevation changes up and down and around the mountain over 23 unique corners. Last weekend’s real-world event was won by the #75 Sun Energy 1 Mercedes-AMG GT3 of Kenny Habul, Jules Gounon and Luca Stolz.
This is the third official Special Event on iRacing’s calendar for 2023. Back in January, iRacing hosted the iRacing ROAR and the iRacing Daytona 24, both at the Daytona International Speedway.
There are once again four timeslots to partake in, the first happening on Friday night (or early Saturday morning if you’re over in Australia!) at 5:00 pm ET / 10:00 pm GMT / 9:00 am AEDT. There will also be three more timeslots throughout the day on Saturday, all listed below.
These are also team races, just like the Daytona 24, so at least two drivers are needed per team to meet minimum participation requirements. The cars competing are in the GT3 class, the Audi R8 LMS, BMW M4 GT3, Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020, Ford GT GT3, Lamborghini Huracán GT3 EVO, McLaren MP4-12C GT3, Mercedes AMG GT3 and Porsche 911 GT3 R. The BoP is also listed below.
Check out the timeslots, BoP and the rest of the details below, courtesy of the iRacing forums. Will you be participating in this event? Let us know in the comments below!
iRacing Bathurst 12 INFO (Source: iRacing)
- Date: February 10-12 (Registration opens 1 hour prior to the event)
- Timeslot #1 – Friday 22:00 GMT / 17:00 ET / Saturday 09:00 AEDT
- Timeslot #2 – Saturday 7:00 GMT / 02:00 ET / 18:00 AEDT
- Timeslot #3 – Saturday 12:00 GMT / 07:00 ET / 23:00 AEDT
- Timeslot #4 – Saturday 16:00 GMT / 11:00 ET / Sunday 03:00 AEDT
- Track: Mount Panorama Circuit
- License – D 4.0 Road
- Sim Date (Time of Day Setting): February 5th, 2023
- Warm Up Sim Start Time (Time of Day Setting): 5:05 AM
- Green Flag Sim Start Time (Time of Day Setting): 5:45 AM
- Warmup: 30 Minutes
- Qualifying: Attached & Solo – 8 Minutes for 2 Laps
- Race: 12 Hours
- Weather: Dynamic
- Splits By: iRating
- Team Event: Yes. Declare drivers and fair share rules apply. (min 2 drivers and max 16)
- Drive through penalty limit: 50 incs and every 20 thereafter
- Field Size : 50
- Cars, Class, and BOP – GT3 Cars
- Audi R8 LMS
- BMW M4 GT3: -2.5% power. -1% fuel capacity
- Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020: -1.5% power, -2% fuel capacity
- Ford GT GT3
- Lamborghini Huracán GT3 EVO
- McLaren MP4-12C GT3: -2% power, -3% fuel capacity
- Mercedes AMG GT3: -1% fuel capacity
- Porsche 911 GT3 R: -0.5% power, -2% fuel capacity