Kunos Simulazioni’s console iterations of Assetto Corsa Competizione have endured a tricky lifespan thus far, falling behind the PC version in terms of performance and content.
PlayStation 4 and Xbox One users have been faced with slow framerates verging on being unplayable at times driving at Spa-Francorchamps. PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S versions improved the visual fidelity and smoothness, but online bugs led continued to blight the racing experience.
However, this week (6th July 2022) the team behind the official game of the GT3-based GT World Challenge series has unveiled several fixes to improve matters for ACC console players.
The fixes are focused on the multiplayer lobbies especially. Aiming for more connection stability seems to have been the goal, with players frequently complaining of game crashes caused simply by navigating the online mode menus.
Other minor bugs have also been squashed thanks to the update, but early signs from the community point towards online problems continuing for a number of players.
Are you still experiencing problems with Assetto Corsa Competizione on console? Let us know in the comments below.
Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.8 Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 release date
The v1.8 update for Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 users is set for September 2022. This should add a new tyre model, the CinemaHUD photo mode and the ability to implement DLC such as the Challengers Pack and American Track Pack DLC.
The console port of Assetto Corsa Competizione is being undertaken by Italian developers Untold Games, the same team who ported Remedy’s Control to home consoles.
Assetto Corsa Competizione PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S update expected fixes:
- Multiplayer – Public MP servers have an invalid configuration which causes the game to crash if the player persists in trying to join.
- Multiplayer – Private lobbies crash when starting as a driver or spectator.
- The game does not transition the player into a multiplayer session when accepting an invite sent from a public Server
- Private Lobby – Soft lock causes the player to be unable to select Start as Driver or Start as Spectator.
- UI – Private Lobby UI is populated by incorrect data.
- Community Feedback: Info banner message has shown no info since the next-gen patch
- Saving a highlight does not work sometimes at the end of a race
- Multiplayer Competition Server – Persistent crashes when joining CP session
- The title does not populate the ‘Recently played with’ list after completing a Race in a public online server
- [Gridlock] Wheels texture on NPC car don’t display
- Multiplayer – Starting as spectator in a private lobby still places the selected car on the racetrack.
- UI – Text missing on circuit selection display.
- Multiplayer – FP and Q sessions in Private Lobby events only load the designated time of day and conditions with a delay of approximately 20 seconds.
- Multiplayer – Private lobbies AI opponents’ options are non-functional.
- Cars moving out of their allocated slots on the starting grid.
- Penalties – The Wrong Way disqualification penalty is not applied.
- UI – A HUD display overlaps with the message window displayed at the bottom right of the screen during the race.
- Graphics – The environment is significantly darker during the race intro sequence while compared to gameplay.
- UI – Career – Countdown timer at session start remains stuck at ‘1’.
- UI – Missing button prompt text at session end.