Round three of the 2022 ADAC GT Masters Esports Championship powered by EnBW mobility+ is set to take place this evening, as the action switches from Watkins Glen International to the Nürburgring Grand Prix circuit, with all the action streamed live on the Traxion.GG YouTube channel.
A stacked field of GT3 racing machines featuring some of the best esports drivers on the planet are all set to do battle around the former German Grand Prix venue, fighting it out for a €70,000 prize pool.
Last time out it was championship leader Christopher Högfeldt of Virtual Drivers by TX3 and Williams Esports’ Jack Keithley dominating proceedings, with Högfeldt taking the Feature Race while Keithley snatched Sprint Race honours.
Both races were closely-fought between the pair, but again our defending champion – Dörr Esports’ Moritz Löhner – struggled. He has now failed to reach the top ten in four attempts this season.
Högfeldt now has a commanding lead in the championship thanks to three wins in four races – including a clean sweep at the first round at Brands Hatch. With his worst result being a single second place, the field must be wondering how his championship charge can be stopped.
The gap between Högfeldt and second-placed Bence Banki in the championship is now up to 49 points after Banki could only finish fifth and third at Watkins Glen, but fourth place Jack Keithley looks to have the pace to match Högfeldt. Unfortunately for the Brit, a disappointing start to the season leaves him 64 points off the lead.
28 drivers and four RaceRoom Racing Experience Community race wildcards are set to tackle the Nürburgring tonight, where the viewers will be treated to a 15 minute Sprint Race and 30 minute Feature Race – including one mandatory pit stop.
Can anyone stop Högfeldt’s title challenge? WIll we see a revitalised Moritz Löhner? Tune in this evening to find out.
The race stream will start at 19:15 CEST / 18:15 BST / 13:15 EST / 10:15 PST and will be live on the Traxion.GG YouTube channel.
2022 ADAC GT MASTERS ESPORTS CHAMPIONSHIP POWERED BY ENBW MOBILITY+ CALENDAR
11th January Shootout 1 – Spa-Francorchamps 13th January Shootout 2 – Hockenheim 15th February – Brands Hatch GP 1st March – Watkins Glen
- 15th March – Nürburgring Sprint
- 29th March – Zandvoort
- 12th April – Silverstone
- 19th April – Monza, live in person (Alternative, 23rd April, Oschersleben)
ADAC GT MASTERS ESPORTS CHAMPIONSHIP 2022 RACE FORMAT AND TIMINGS
- 19:15 CEST / 18:15 BST – Qualifying (10 minutes)
- 19:25 CEST / 18:25 BST – Race 1 (15 minutes)
- 19:40 CEST / 18:40 BST – Qualifying II (10 minutes)
- 19:50 CEST / 18:50 BST – Race II (30 minutes)
ADAC GT MASTERS ESPORTS CHAMPIONSHIP 2022 ENTRY LIST
- Moritz Löhner – Dörr Esports
- Jakub Brzeziński – Williams Esports
- Bence Bánki – Dörr Esports
- Florian Hasse – Dörr Esports
- Isaac Price – Privateer
- Emre Cihan – Team Fordzilla
- Adam Pinczes – Arnage Competition
- Alessandro Ottaviani – Virtual Drivers by TX3
- Gianmarco Fiduci – Team Fordzilla
- Jack Keithley – Williams Esports
- Leon Rüdinger – Arnage Competition
- Marc Gassner – MRS Esports
- Max Pfeifer – MRS Esports
- Kevin Siggy – Team Redline
- Nikodem Wisniewski – Williams Esports
- Michael Rächl- Dörr Esports
- Leonard Krippner – Dörr Esports
- Martin Barna – M1RA Esports
- Tim Jarschel – MRS Esports
- Marko Pejic – Veloce Esports
- Jeffrey Rietveld – Team Redline
- Christopher Högfeldt – Virtual Drivers by TX3
- Erhan Jajovski – R8G Esports
- Alexander Dornieden – MRS Esports
- Jonas Wanner – Privateer
- Luciano Witvoet – Ballas Esports
- Matija Markovic – MRS Esports
- Julian Kunze – Privateer