The second round of racing esports premier event, the Le Mans Virtual Series, will take place today, live on Traxion.GG, with a six-hour race at Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.
Following the incredible first round, a four-hour event at Monza, things move up a notch as each subsequent race in the championship is longer.
38 teams, 21 LMP2’s and 17 LMGTE machines all qualified on Friday. The LMGTE class of cars went out first, and the No. 71 BMW Team Redline team took pole position. The LMP2s went out next and it was the No. 70 Realteam Hydrogen Redline group at the top of the timesheets.
ORECA 07 LMP2 CLASS – TOP 5 QUALIFIERS
- 70 | Realteam Hydrogen Redline | 1:57.424 sec
- 22 | GPX Williams Esports | +0.069 sec
- 123 | Team Redline | +0.145 sec
- 4 | Floyd ByKolles-Burst | +0.237 sec
- 5 | Williams Esports | +0.300 sec
LMGTE CLASS – TOP 5 QUALIFIERS
- 71 | BMW Team Redline | BMW M8 | 2:11.750 sec
- 92 | Porsche Esports Team | Porsche 911 RSR | +0.144 sec
- 88 | Proton Competition | Porsche 911 RSR | +0.175 sec
- 77 | Proton Competition | Porsche 911 RSR | +0.312 sec
- 91 | Porsche Esports Team | Porsche 911 RSR | +0.318 sec
The driver line-up for the Spa round was released earlier this week, combining real and virtual world drivers. Felix Rosenqvist, Bono Huis, Jack Doohan, Dennis Jordan, Caio Collet, Mitchell deJong, Jeffrey Rietveld, Kevin Siggy and Rudy van Buren all feature alongside many others.
“It’s a team race, anything can happen. Maybe we’ll get some rain? That would be neat,” highlighted Monza GTE race winner, Mitchell deJong.
The event starts at 12.30 pm BST (1.30 pm CEST, 7.30 am ET) and can be watched on any of the channels listed in the image below. All of the action will be live on the Traxion.GG YouTube, Facebook and Twitch channels.
If you’d like the chance to win a brand new Thrustmaster T248 sim racing wheel, tune in to the Twitch stream! We’ll be asking questions via SportBuff throughout the broadcast, and the person with the most points wins. Simply watch via Twitch and the questions will appear on the stream.
LE MANS VIRTUAL SERIES 2021/22 CALENDAR
Round 1 – 4 Hours of Monza, Italy – 25th September 2021 (Qualifying 24th September)
- Round 2 – 6 Hours of Spa, Belgium – 16th October 2021
(Qualifying 15th October)
- Round 3 – 8 Hours of Nürburgring Nordschleife, Germany – 13th November 2021 (Qualifying 12th November)
- Round 4 – 6 Hours of Sebring, USA – 18th December 2021 (Qualifying 17th December)
- Round 5 – 24 Hours of Le Mans Virtual – 15th/16th January 2022
You can watch R8G Esport member Hany Alsabti’s – competing in the #10 LMP2 car – track guide below.