Following Round 6 at Indianapolis two weeks ago, the GT Challenge Series, Season 3, completes the championship with a re-run of the red-flagged race at Silverstone for Round 3.
As we reach the climax of the championship, the rFactor 2-based competition is heating up. Just two races remain in the Challenge Series, following the completion of the sister GT Pro Series recently. Matt Richards leads the standings going into the final round, with Marcell Csincsik, Presley Martono and Jiri Toman in close proximity.
As ever, this evening’s action with lead with a Sprint Race, followed by a longer Feature Race.
Watch the championship-deciding finale live later today.
After competing in hot-lap challenges ahead of the season, drivers have been split up based on their rankings. Today’s racing focuses on the top split, containing some of the best rFactor 2 esports drivers as they look to impress and earn promotion into the GT Pro Series.
The drivers in each split get reassessed after every two races, so there’s a chance of being relegated for the bottom five drivers in the top split, and they’ll want to avoid that.
After the season, the overall standings in the top split will mean:
• Position 1-5 goes into Pro Series
• Position 6-10 to go into relegation playoffs
• Position 11+ need to sign up for next Season.
You’re going to be enjoying some more excellent GT racing on rFactor 2, and with such a stellar lineup on the grid, it’s certainly not one to miss!
GT CHALLENGE SERIES, SEASON 3, 2021 SCHEDULE
- 20:00-20:15 CET / 19:00-19:15 BST – Qualifying
- 20:15 CET / 19:15 BST – Race start sprint
- 20:30 CET / 19:30 BST – Race ends
- 20:30 CET / 19:30 BST – Break
- 20:40 CET / 19:40 BST – Main race start
GT CHALLENGE SERIES, SEASON 3, 2021 EVENT CALENDAR
15 March: Imola 29 March: Spa-Francorchamps
- 12 April: Silverstone GP (postponed, now re-run at the final, tonight, 7th June)
26 April: Nürburgring Grand Prix (no chicane) 10 May: Sebring 24 May: Indianapolis