We thought that support for The Crew 2 would end once the roll-out for the upcoming The Crew Motorfest began, but that’s not the case.
Motorflix and Motorpass updates will continue to arrive for the 2018 title into 2024, and today (5th July 2023), this commit has been marked with Season 9, Episode 1: American Legends.
Curiously for a US-themed update, the only new car to the roster is the distinctively Italian Lancia Stratos. The mid-engine sports car is available in road and rally variants.
The current generation of Audi RS 3 Sportback will also be released, as part of a premium bundle alongside the RS 7 Sportback.
Of course, there are two new Motorpass seasons – where earning XP increases your level, and reaching set levels (paid and free) unlocks new cosmetic items and cars. It’s here you will find (mostly) American cars returning from past iterations to unlock again if you missed them last time:
- 5th July – Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Outclassed Edition
- 12th July – Hummer H1 Alpha US Wildlife Watchers
- 26th July – Chrysler 300SRT8 Limousine
- 16th August – Creators Yasiddesign X American Patrol Edition
- 16th August – KTM X-BOW R Spear Racing Edition
In addition, the following four new versions of vehicles will be available within the Motorpass seasons.
- Bugatti CHIRON SUPER SPORT 300+ Divine Edition (2019)
- Ford MUSTANG BOSS 429 Lime Edition (1969)
- Chevrolet CAMARO RS Ghost Edition (1969)
- Nissan GT-R Haru Edition (2015)
The big-ticket item, however, is the ability to formulate your own routes, setting start and end points plus checkpoints, to share with the community.
This is dubbed the ‘Race Creator’, and it will also allow you to set the time, weather, vehicle category and traffic levels.
Four treasure-hunt missions (called ‘stories) will also be available to play through from today, while a separate Road to O’ahu event arrives later at a yet-to-be-disclosed date. There will also be a deluge (19) of Live Summit community events, starting out with one celebrating five years of the game.
As for paid DLC, the aforementioned Outclassed Alfa Romeo Giula and Lancia Stratos (plus a classic Porsche 917K) will be available to purchase outright as a 5th Anniversary bundle should playing through Motorpass or earning enough in-game credits not take your fancy.
The update is live now to download on PC, PlayStation and Xbox, weighing in at over 30GB. The Crew 2 will be free-to-play between 6th-10th July 2023.
The Crew 2 July 2023 Season 9 changelog
Patch Size per platform
- PC: 34.3GB approx.
- MENA: 31.2 GB approx.
- SCEJ: 31.8 GB approx.
- SCEA: 33.0 GB approx.
- SCEE: 34.2 GB approx.
- Xbox: 35.22 GB approx.
Patch sizes may vary based on your game version.
- [Added] Race Creator is here!
- Players now have the ability to create, publish, and share their own races.
- [Added] The Crew Motorfest Collection Import information.
- [Added] 4 New Stories will be available in Episode 1 and will be focusing on the background of some of the hosts in The Crew Motorfest: Malu, Pierce, Jim, and Toji.
- Episode 1 will also have the ‘Road to O’ahu’ new event.
- [Added] Dual Currency Purchases.
- Introducing Dual Currency purchases, you can complete the purchase of a vehicle with another currency if you are missing the full amount of one currency.
- [Added] Activity Tickets updated with screenshots accurately representing the events.
- [Added] 93 Vanities, 58 Included in the Motorpass
- Horns: 11 items
- Nitros : 14 items
- Outfits: 6 items
- Rooftops: 10 items
- Smokes: 10 items
- Tires: 21 items
- Underglows: 16 items
- Window Tints: 5 items
- [Added] 81 New bundles throughout the season.
- 19 Summit Bundles
- 24 Custom Bundles
- 19 Vanity Bundles
- 19 Basic Bundles
- New vehicle highlights in HQ’s and new Vanity Shop rotation each week.
- [Added] 19 New LIVE Summits
- [Added] 4 New stories have been added for this Season.
- 2 Long stories.
- 2 Medium stories.
- [Added] Brand new Motorpass split into 2 episodes.
- Each episode containing exclusive vehicle and vanity rewards.
- 64 Fame-based Seasonal challenges, 32 per episode. Motorpass
- [Fixed] Can no longer see patches of grass south Miami concrete.
- [Added] New PvE Events.
- 1 New Mixed Event ‘Road to O’ahu’
- [Added] Race Creator Tool
- [Added] Community Races Tab
- [Added] 24 New vehicles.
- [Fixed] Mclaren 765LT no longer has incorrect widebody fender offset
Source: The Crew 2