Looking for something fun to watch this week? Red Bull Homestretch returns in 2021 for more virtual racing on Gran Turismo Sport with a very notable roster of motorsport and non-motorsport celebrities.
Names such as Travis Pastrana, Pierre Gasly, Timmy Hansen and Scott Speed will be going against one another in a three-event series on the PlayStation game. The first event is on 13th May, and viewers will have more influence in deciding what venues the virtual racers will be racing on, as well as cheering on their favorites through the “Bull Coin” system that will be in place on the Red Bull Twitch channel.
Last year, Red Bull Homestretch was another esports product of the Covid-19 pandemic, but more of a for fun series where nothing mattered except having fun. The series went as far as to land on ESPN for a few weeks as the participants virtually ripped around different car and track combinations available on GT Sport.
Participants confirmed in the presser for the first race include:
- Action sports/rallycross/rally phenom Travis Pastrana
- Formula 1 Scuderia AlphaTauri driver Pierre Gasly
- 2019 World Rallycross and 2018 Nitro Rallycross champion Timmy Hansen
- Former F1, NASCAR, IndyCar and current rallycross driver Scott Speed
- The USA Basketball 3×3 Men’s National Team Robbie Hummel, Canyon Barry, Dominique Jones and Kareem Maddox
- Professional basketball personality, rapper and entrepreneur Johnny “Dribble2Much” Stephene
- BMX World Champion, two-time X Games medalist and Dew Tour Rider of the Year Francisco “Coco” Zurita
Tune into the Red Bull Twitch channel at 6:00 p.m. CET / 12:00 p.m. EDT / 9:00 a.m. PDT to catch the action.