Porsche Cars GB is primed to bring an officially-licenced sim racing series to the SimGrid platform this October, with a two-class community-focused championship aimed at both Pro and Amateur iRacing users.
Run in association with the governing body of British motorsport – Motorsport UK – the Porsche Esports Sprint Challenge GB is a four-round series taking in Silverstone, Brands Hatch, Snetterton and Donington Park race circuits. A double-header format will be used, and includes a partial reverse grid for race two.
Pro drivers (those who have achieved an iRating of over 3,500) will tackle iRacing’s challenging Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (992) car, while Am drivers will be treated to the more user-friendly Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport MR, with a total of eight 30-minute races set to showcase intense multiclass battling.
To enter, interested racers must have a paid Motorsport UK Esports membership (£24.99 for 12 months) and have registered to race via the series’ SimGrid landing page.
However, drivers who have previously qualified for Porsche’s other official iRacing series; including the Porsche TAG Heuer Esports Supercup and Porsche Esports Carrera Cup Great Britain, are not eligible to compete.
The top three drivers in each class at the end of the season will receive a half-day driving experience at the Porsche Experience Centre at Silverstone, with Pro drivers receiving a Porsche 911 experience and Am drivers getting behind the wheel of a Porsche Cayman. Five Porsche Motorsport caps will also be given away randomly at every round, with competitors who complete both races eligible.
Are you interested in taking part in the Porsche Esports Sprint Challenge GB series? If so, head over to the championship’s official website courtesy of Motorsport UK.
Porsche Esports Sprint Challenge GB calendar
- Round 1 8th October Silverstone Grand Prix
- Round 2 22nd October Donington Park Grand Prix
- Round 3 5th November Snetterton 300
- Round 4 12th November Brands Hatch Grand Prix
Porsche Esports Sprint Challenge GB overview
- PRO – Porsche GT3 Cup (992) – Drivers whose highest iRating ever achieved is over 3,500
- AM – Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport MR – Any driver that does not meet the PRO criteria
- Standing starts
- Single File, Maintain Restarts (after Safety Car period)
- Fast Repairs: 1 per race
- Minimum Licence: Class D 2.0
- Drive Through Penalty after 20x incident points and then every 10x after that
- Strict qualifying in game scrutineering
- Qualifying for Race 1 and reverse grid for Race 2 between 5th-10th
- All drivers must be 18 years old or over – if any driver is found to be under that age, they will be disqualified from the championship
- All drivers must hold a paid Motorsport UK Esports Membership (£24.99 for 12 months) – Info and sign up here – https://esports.motorsportuk.org/membership/
- There is no additional entry fee for this event
- Any driver who has ever qualified to compete in the Porsche TAG Heuer Esports Supercup OR Porsche Esports Carrera Cup Great Britain championships are NOT eligible to enter this challenge