The current home to the Championship Weekend for the NASCAR Cup, Xfinity, and Camping World Truck Series, Phoenix Raceway is finally going to be up to date on the iRacing service. The folks at iRacing have fully scanned the venue and it will have current-day parameters just in time for the first race of the 2021 eNASCAR Contender iRacing Series on the Road To Pro ladder.
This will be the third iteration of the track, and will completely replace the current model that was scanned back in 2012. While this is not common practice for iRacing, as they usually keep the older model as a legacy edition of the track, there does already exist a legacy Phoenix from 2008. In order to not have two legacy models of one track, the current one before 28th October will be “retired” from the service completely.
There haven’t been too many items that have been officially retired from the iRacing service in the past. Normally, iRacing is in the mindset that if a product has been purchased by one of their members that they should get to keep it if a newer model comes out. The most recent example of a “retirement” by iRacing was the Super Late Model a few months ago.
Regardless, an updated version of the finale track is going to be very welcomed by members of the iRacing community. From the preview shots, the cactus flag stand is prevalent in its green-lit pose. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it will also turn yellow during caution periods too.
The updated venue is scheduled to be released on Thursday, 28th October, in the 2021 iRacing Season 4 Patch 3. No other patch notes have been unveiled at this time.
Check out the notes that we did get from the forum regarding the new track and both older tracks. Let us know what you think about this latest iRacing content in the comments below!
New Version of Phoenix Raceway:
- This fully updated version of Phoenix Raceway will REPLACE the current version of Phoenix Raceway, which was scanned in 2012. This replacement will cause the older track version to be RETIRED from the iRacing service.
- When Phoenix Raceway is retired, it will no longer be accessible for use, nor will Replays at this track be usable after the new version is released.
- We suggest if any users have any Replays at the 2012 version of Phoenix Raceway they would like to keep, they should capture video footage of them as soon as possible!
- Finally, since this will be a fully updated replacement track, all current owners of the 2012 version of Phoenix Raceway will automatically be granted ownership of the new 2021 version of Phoenix Raceway for free. Members who do not own Phoenix Raceway may purchase it after release.
- Phoenix Raceway (2021) is scheduled to be released with 2021 Season 4 Patch 3 on October 28th.
[Legacy] Phoenix Raceway – 2008:
- This release will have no effect on the [Legacy] Phoenix Raceway – 2008 track. That track will remain available, will remain part of the iRacing Base Content, will remain free for all users, and Replays will continue to work there.