A new DLC pack – The Patriotic Pack DLC – and some game fixes are now available for NASCAR Rivals as of 13th January.
The second DLC pack for NASCAR Rivals, the standalone title from Motorsport Games on the Nintendo Switch, is the 2022 Patriot Pack. It is available to purchase and race with as of Friday (13th January).
Included in the pack are 30 patriotic paint schemes from the Coca-Cola 600 race weekend as well as the Fourth of July race at Road America in 2022. The pack also comes with the additions of both Noah Gragson (#16 Kaulig Racing Chevy) and NASCAR Legend Bill Elliott to the roster of playable drivers.
Players will also find five new challenges to take part in, all based around actual events that happened during the 2022 NASCAR Cup Series season. That brings the total to 30 challenges if you also own the Throwback Pack DLC which released last month.
Ross Chastain, one of the five cover drivers on the main game’s pack art, is featured as the Patriotic PackThe pack costs $9.99 and is available only as a direct download through the Nintendo eShop. At least one more DLC is pack is expected to release for Rivals related to the 2022 season.
There was also a patch that released for all players coinciding with the DLC release. The notes from the patch are listed below.
- Tire wear updated on Sonoma
- Fuel consumption updated on Sonoma
- Fixed Online issues when using Custom Cars
- Custom Cars have been removed from online use
- Fixed a crash related to simulating races in Career Mode
- UI Screens updated
- L+R Bumper Buttons given functionality in Paint Booth
- Minor Text updates
- Lighting updates for night races
- Minor visual updates on cars
- Updated paint schemes in Challenges
- Car setups updated
- Audio levels updated to reduce the volume of other drivers
Full disclosure – Traxion.GG is part of Motorsport Games and the Motorsport Games family of brands. All Traxion.GG content is editorially removed from Motorsport Games video game development and created by a dedicated team.