The third DLC pack – the Playoff Pack DLC – for NASCAR Rivals on the Nintendo Switch, is now available to own as of 24th January.
The third DLC pack for NASCAR Rivals on the Nintendo Switch, the Playoff Pack DLC, is available to own and race with as of 24th January.
Just like the Throwback Pack DLC and Patriotic Pack DLC, the Playoff Pack DLC adds 30 alternate paints to the game, all of which were run during the final 10 races of the 2022 NASCAR Cup Series season. Each playoff driver gets their yellow-bannered cars included.
The pack will also have schemes for drivers such as Justin Haley, Corey Lajoie, B.J. McLeod, and three-time NASCAR Cup Series champion Darrell Waltrip, who was one of the NASCAR Legends featured in previous NASCAR 21: Ignition DLCs.
There will also be five more challenges added in to the game, all of which surround the 2022 NASCAR Cup Series Playoffs. A featured challenge includes one at Martinsville – namely the Hail Melon from Ross Chastain that sent the journeyman driver to the Championship 4 this past season.
Joey Logano is the featured driver for the Playoff Pack DLC, and rightfully so as the reigning 2022 NASCAR Cup Series Champion.
Like the others, this pack costs $9.99 and is available only as a direct download through the Nintendo eShop.
A new patch for the title was also released simultaneously with the release of the DLC pack. Fixes and updates should add further stability and health to the Nintendo Switch standalone title from Motorsport Games. Check out the patch notes below.
- Crash fixed when exiting a finished race in Career Mode
- Fixed an issue which caused the title to hang when completing challenges
- Fixed Challenge unlock icons
- Fixed Career stats displayed
- “Total Points” calculation fixed when finishing an event in Multiplayer
- Fixed visual flickering when using Spectate Mode
- Collision updates at Charlotte Roval
- Collision updates at Charlotte Motor Speedway
- AI behavior updated
Visual and Audio
- Updated audio banks to correct music cutting in and out
- Updated audio for pit stops
- Increased volume for crashing audio
- Paint scheme adjustments
- Visual updates to intro scenes
- Minor text edits
- Minor customization UI fixes
Full disclosure – Traxion.GG is part of Motorsport Games and the Motorsport Games family of brands. All Traxion.GG content is editorially removed from Motorsport Games video game development and created by a dedicated team.