A new game update for MotoGP 22 has been released today, 20th June, and it brings a revised Moto2 lineup to match the real-world season, but also brings the PC version up to date with the console versions.
We reported that the Red Bull MotoGP Rookies Cup class was added to the game on the 10th June, but it transpires that the PC version missed out. Now, that has been amended, and Steam players can now access the same content as PlayStation and Xbox owners, which also included an up-to-date Moto3 roster and rider skills more closely matching their 2022 performance so far.
Moto2 2022 season now accurately represented
As for the main content delivered with this update – across PC, PlayStation and Xbox – the Moto2 support category has seen livery updates to bring it in line with the current season.
This not only changes the way the motorcycles look but also finally adds each rider’s face to the selection menu.
Pramac Ducati Livery change
In the main MotoGP class, the Prima Pramac Racing team now also features an updated paint scheme. The team changed from the red, white and blue design to a vibrant purple look from the Italian Grand Prix, held at Mugello, onwards.
The electric MotoE class is yet to make an appearance but is also expected soon.
MOTOGP 22 20TH JUNE UPDATE CHANGELOG
- Moto2™ riders and bikes updated to the 2022 season
- Prima Pramac Racing riders and bikes updated to the new livery
- Updated Aleix Espargarò’s gears
- Minor fixes
- Moto3™ riders and bikes updated to the 2022 season (PC STEAM)
- New Category: Red Bull MotoGP™ Rookies Cup (PC STEAM)
- New 3D model for Marini & Bastianini faces (PC STEAM)
- Re-Tuning of the official riders’ skill according to the ongoing season (PC STEAM)
- 2009 Additional liveries can now be used in Grand Prix & Championship mode (PC STEAM)
- Fix on the custom number of the Honda bikes (PC STEAM)
- Improved AI performances on the start of the race (PC STEAM)
Source: MotoGP game