If you’re playing on either PlayStation 4 or Xbox One, you may notice that the next-gen upgrade and Smart Delivery offerings are starting to wind down, as PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S supply and dedicated games become plentiful.
The same is true with The Crew Motorfest, with the step-up not being included, and if you do plan on changing your console soon, it pays to pay attention to which version you are purchasing. Here’s everything you need to know.
PS5 and Xbox Series X|S upgrades are not free for The Crew Motorfest
If you would like to own both PS4 and PS5 or Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S version of The Crew Motorfest, these are not included in the base game’s price.
If you don’t purchase the correct version now and want to continue playing on a new console at a later date with the optimised versions, you will either have to buy a specific version of the game now or pay the full price later.
To be clear, there’s nothing stopping playing the PS4 version on a PS5 or Xbox One version on an Xbox Series X|S via backwards compatibility, but you won’t receive the enhanced visuals or loading times – the lighting effects are particularly noticeable between old-gen and current-gen hardware.
Does The Crew Motorfest support Smart Delivery?
No, The Crew Motorfest does not support Xbox’s free versions of its Smart Delivery programme.
Which versions of The Crew Motorfest include versions for both console generations?
The digital Standard Edition of The Crew Motorfest only includes the PS4 or Xbox One versions and does not include a free next-gen upgrade for PS5 or Xbox Series X|S. It costs £59.99/$59.99.
The physical Limited Edition of The Crew Motorfest for PS4 or Xbox also does not include a free next-gen upgrade for PS5 or Xbox Series X|S. The PS4 physical version states on the cover ‘PS5 Upgrade Available’ which will be a paid-for option once the game releases on 14th September 2023.
The digital Crew Motorfest Cross-Gen Bundle does include both PS4 and PS5 versions or Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S versions. It costs £10/$10 more than the Standard Edition at £69.99/$69.99.
Both the digital Gold and Ultimate Editions of The Crew Motorfest include both PS4 and PS5 versions or Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S versions alongside three days of digital-only early access, the Year 1 car pass and (Ultimate only) some additional digital bonuses.
- The Crew Motorfest Standard Edition digital PlayStation – PS4 version only
- The Crew Motorfest Standard Edition digital Xbox – Xbox One version only
- The Crew Motorfest Limited Edition physical PS4 – PS4 version only, paid digital PS5 upgrade available
- The Crew Motorfest Limited Edition physical Xbox One – Xbox One version only, paid digital Xbox Series X|S upgrade TBC
- The Crew Motorfest Limited Edition physical PS5 – PS5 version only
- The Crew Motorfest Limited Edition physical Xbox Series X|S – Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One versions
- The Crew Motorfest Cross-Gen Bundle digital PlayStation – PS4 and natively enhanced PS5
- The Crew Motorfest Cross-Gen Bundle digital Xbox – Xbox One and natively enhanced Xbox Series X|S
- The Crew Motorfest Gold Edition digital PlayStation/Xbox – Both console generation versions, plus early access and Year 1 car pass
- The Crew Motorfest Ultimate Edition digital PlayStation/Xbox – Both console generation versions, plus early access, Year 1 car pass
The Crew Motorfest Xbox store version clarification
To double down, if you are purchasing The Crew Motorfest via Xbox, and you see the Standard Edition and notice how it says it can be played on both ‘Xbox One’ and ‘Xbox Series X|S’, such as the images below, tread carefully.
The Standard Edition is the Xbox One version of the game, without visual enhancements. It will play on an Xbox Series X|S via backwards compatibility, but you won’t be playing the optimised Xbox Series X|S version. Thus if you have an Xbox Series X|S and buy the Standard Edition, you’re actually only buying the Xbox One versions.
So if you don’t want the Gold Edition or Ultimate Edition and you have an Xbox Series X|S, then we recommend you purchase the Cross-Gen Bundle version of The Crew Motorfest. This is the cheapest way of purchasing the dedicated Xbox Series X|S version of the game.
Got that? We hope so!
The same is true on PlayStation – the Standard Edition is PS4-only, although it’s more clear on the PlayStation Store with a clear ‘PS4’ icon on display.
Which platform are you going to play The Crew Motorfest on? Let us know below![yop_poll id=”11″]