The entry list for the 2021 Toyota Gazoo Racing GT Cup has been revealed, and among the familiar top-level Gran Turismo drivers, there are a few surprises.
For the unimitated, the Toyota Gazoo Racing GT Cup has been a year-long competition with GT Sport, where drivers around the globe compete for a spot in a live final – held on 3rd December 2021 and broadcast online.
It uses purely Toyota cars, including the recently launched Toyota GR 86 sports car.
Each driver will represent their nation within a 24-car grid. Alongside the in-game online races, four additional ‘TGR’ spots have been added via selected regional events.
Olympic Virtual Series motorsport event winner Valerio Gallo leads the entry list, representing Italy, alongside Brazilian entrant and former Manufacturer Series and Nations Cup winner Igor Fraga and 2020 FIA GTC World Champion, Japan’s Takuma Miyazono.
A familiar name to many Traxion.GG readers, Sami-Joe Abi Nakhle will be participating in the final. The Lebanese teenager recently made a splash in esports by winning the 2020 WRC esports title and finishing runner up in the 2021 edition.
“Super excited to take on a new challenge in my esports career after winning the Esports WRC championship and I’m looking forward to racing in this highly competitive field,” explained Sami-Joe.
The full entry list is below, and we’ll be covering the race for you right here on Traxion.GG in December, ahead of the FIA Gran Turismo Championships World Finals between 4th-5th December.
2021 Toyota Gazoo Racing GT Cup final line-up
Europe / Middle East / Africa
- Italy / Valerio Gallo（Williams_BRacer）
- Spain / Jose Serrano（PR1_JOSETE）
- Spain / Coque Lopez（coqueIopez14）
- France / Baptiste Beauvois（R8G_TSUTSU）
- Italy / Giorgio Mangano（Williams_Gio）
- France / Thomas Labouteley（TX3_Aphelion）
- Germany / Miroslaw Kravchenko（V1_Miro）
- Portugal / Carlos Salazar（pcm_stj）
- United Kingdom / Quincy Vilasco（VQS_Sparks）
- United States / Kevan Pounder（Allshamwow1528）
- United States / Daniel Solis（PX7-Lamb）
- United States / Dean Heldt（Deano_solo）
Central & South America
- Brazil / Lucas Bonelli（TGT_BONELLI）
- Chile / Angel Inostroza（YASHEAT_Loyrot）
- Brazil / Igor Fraga（IOF_RACING17）
- Australia / Andrew Lee（PX7-AmazingHour）
- Australia / Paul Kandanoleon（Noodles8771）
- Japan / Takuma Miyazono（Kerokkuma_ej20）
- Japan / Tomoaki Yamanaka（yamado_racing38）
- Japan / Rikuto Kobayashi（tokari71）
- Japan / Takuma Sasaki（LG-TakuAn_LBC）
TGR Entries (Middle East: 1 Participant / Asia: 2 Participants)
- Lebanon / Sami-Joe Abi Nakhle（WeD_Sami-Joe05）
- Thailand / Nathayos Sirigaya (PSC_themiang_FSR)
- Taiwan / Ben Chou (Gmotor_Sben)
Source: Gran Turismo